Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2010 deployment reboot

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
digiman57
213 Views, 0 Replies

Civil 3D 2010 deployment reboot

Hi,
I have built an image that is a silent install of Civil 3D 2010. The install works great except for the last thing it does is force a reboot after the language pack for Vault is finished installing. Using ALtiris, we give the user a chance to postpone the reboot, just in case the install happened when they logged in and were working on something...this is just a corporate standard with our company.
I checked the execution switches and all MSIs installed and they all have a no reboot type of switch.
I can guess that the setup.exe has a forced reboot command inside it when the last application is installed. I have tried different commands with the setup.exe to no avail. /'norestart /noreboot REBOOT=ReallySuppress....etc.
The install finishes installing all the prerequisites and all AutoDesk related software and then forces a reboot.
Does anyone know if this is just a "feature" of using the AutoDesk setup.exe?
I know other people have given up on using the setup.exe and created their own installs of the prerequisite MSI files and all the AutoDesk MSI files, but I would rather not have to do that if someone knew how to suppress the AutoDesk setup.exe they provide for this install.
If not, I will start working on the prerequisites. I did this for the TrueView 2010 package, but Civil 3D 2010 has so much more as far as MSI installs.
Thanks,
Jeff L.
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report