Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2009 w/ LDC

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
400 Views, 7 Replies

Civil 3D 2009 w/ LDC

One of my users running Civil 3D 2009 w/ LDC and Civil 3D 2012 is getting this trying to load LDC, it was working fine until yesterday afternoon.  This came up before and to fix it the entire computer was reimaged but now it's happening again.  Is there an issue running the two versions simultaniously?

Regenerating model.

Initializing........

C:\Program Files\AutoCAD Civil 3D Land Desktop Companion 2009\AcMapWorkspace.arx is an invalid ARX file.

C:\Program Files\AutoCAD Civil 3D Land Desktop Companion 2009\AcMapDwfApi.arx is an invalid ARX file.

Failed.

AcMapWorkspace.arx Load Failed

AcMapDwfApi.arx Load Failed

C:\Program Files\AutoCAD Civil 3D Land Desktop Companion 2009\AcMapDwfUI.arx is an invalid ARX file.

AutoCAD Express Tools Copyright © 2002-2004 Autodesk, Inc.

AutoCAD menu utilities loaded.

START LOADING ADD_ON2009.LSP. DOSLib 8.2.0 Copyright © 1992-2010, Robert McNeel and Associates _.netload Assembly file name: C:\Program Files\Civil Essentials 3\CivilEssentials2009.dll

Civil Essentials © 2010 Robert Steltman Inc.   www.rsteltman.com

Message: quit / exit abort C:\Program Files\AutoCAD Civil 3D Land Desktop Companion 2009\aeccapp.arx is an invalid ARX file.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Anonymous

I have both applications installed and they both work fine together.

Hvae you tied to repair the install of LDC from the control panel?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

The repair is running right now on the computer.  We did run the repair the last time this happened as well as a complete uninstall and reinstall without success before reimaging the computer completely.

Message 4 of 8
jmayo-EE

These may help you avoid completely reformatting the HD in the future.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=12719706&linkID=9240777

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17333961&linkID=9240697

Did you apply all of the updates to LDC and C3D?

Do you have custom programs running in C3D or LDC? Does the issue go away if you uninstall them?

Can you reproduce the error with a new user on the same PC?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Yes, it is all up to date, we don't have custom programs that i know of ( I am the IT tech, not an autocad user), and no, this is the only person having this issue, it hasn't been seen on any other users we have running 2009 and 2012.

Message 6 of 8
jmayo-EE

Which OS? Are all users on the same OS? Do they all have the same user rights? If your on Vista or Win 7 can you get the app to run if you right click on the icon and choose Run as Administrator?

These are things I would look to rule out before reinstalling. If it came to that and if I really wanted to start clean, I would do a clean unistall as per the docs above for both apps. If these were the only Autodesk programs installed I would consider a registry cleaner to verify the Autodesk entries were all removed. Reboot and make sure all systems are go. Install LDC and update. Verify install. Install C3C. Verify both installs.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
mathewkol
in reply to: jmayo-EE

...but make sure you remove that registry cleaner after removing adsk entries.  These cleaners DO NOT get along well with Autodesk products.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 8 of 8
jmayo-EE
in reply to: mathewkol

Good point Matt and thanks. I was careful with the recommendation as well. Running a reg clean with other products/versions installed could mess things up pretty bad. As always with these apps, use at your own risk 🙂

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report