Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 2014 Quantity Takeoff Error

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1177 Views, 7 Replies

Civil 2014 Quantity Takeoff Error

Hello,

I am having difficulty with the Quantity Takeoff function in Civil 3D 2014 .  I am new to this function and was wondering if anyone experiences the same issue, or if I am doing something wrong.

I have a 3D model which I am using to perform a concrete form takeoff.  I am trying to assign pay items to regions and surfaces to get the surface area of a large number of these objects.

The issue occurs when I try to perform a takeoff using the 2D objects (region or surface).  I add the pay items to the objects with no errors.  When I go to perform the takeoff from the QTO manager, I get a slew of errors saying "Cannot find the resource string number 1233 in resource AeccPublishSvc100."  I get a bunch of messages with different string numbers.  After I clear them, the program does not recognize the objects and tells me that there is no required pay item data in drawing extents.

When I perform the same process using 2D polylines instead of regions and surfaces it works fine.  Also, when simply counting the number of objects it works as well.  The issue seems to be with finding the 2D area of the objects.

I have replicated the problem on a blank drawing file using the "getting started.csv" pay item file from the tutorials folder.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I also wanted to add that a search of the forums indicates a number of unsolved problems with Civil 3D relating to the quantity takeoff functions.

Additionally I am experiencing the bug with undo commands not grouping together (not discussing in this thread, only using as an example) which I see was first noted back in 2009 and still not corrected. This is very alarming and would definitely lead me to consider alternative software packages in the future if these fundamental issues do not get corrected before new features are added.
Message 3 of 8
neilyj666

Welcome to the weird world of Civil 3D where bugs and issues go unfixed for years, new features get introduced which break existing ones and if it isn't Cloud based no one is interested.....

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Is anybody able to reproduce this error?
Message 5 of 8
ron
Community Visitor

Can somebody try this file and see if they get the same error?

Message 6 of 8
AllenJessup

The resource string number error is most likely caused by a corruption of your Profile. You might be able to fix this by toggling between Profiles in Options or by importing a saved.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: AllenJessup

Just tried toggling the profile, error persists.

Message 8 of 8
AllenJessup

If you don't have a saved one to import then you may have to do a repair. I don't have first hand experience with this. But searching the groups I've found a couple of post where this is how those errors are fixed. One post was from an Autodesk employee and was marked as the solution.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report