Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circles on Assembly

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
TOONFANCC
3489 Views, 3 Replies

Circles on Assembly

I am building an assembly for a road corridor, but the circles at the connection points are too large. This doesn't occur in another drawing, I have tried copying an assembly over but the circles reappear. Is there anyway of removing these circles. I have tried changing the settings in teh assembly style but it has had not effect. I am a relatively new user of Civil 3D so any help would be great.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: TOONFANCC

Those Circles and the entire display of the Assembly are controlled by the "Code Set Style" used for the Assembly.

If Drawing A has the display of Assemblies the way you like it, then bring that code set style into drawing B by doing the following:

Open both drawings in same session of c3d > Change the view from "Active" to "Master View" at top of Toolspace > 

Settings Tab of Toolspace > Make sure Dwg B is the active. drawing window.

Expand drawing A on Settings Tab > General >Multipurpose Styles > Code Set Styles > Select Code set style to be copied to dwg B.

> Slowly drag / drop this style onto drawing area of dwg B.

Go to Assembly Properties of an assembly you want changed & set this copied code set style on the "codes" tab of Assembly properties dialog.

Ideally this is all set up in your dwt so it doesn't need to be copied from dwg to dwg and the same code set style is always displayed upon assembly creation.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4
TOONFANCC
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks for that, I eventually didn't need to copy the style set in, but you showed me in the right direction into changing the code style set to the one I wanted. However, this has not removed the circles when I use the drive function. Is there a similar setting to change the style of the drive view to remove the circles on the assemblies?

Message 4 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: TOONFANCC

That's also controlled by a code set style, specifically the "Model" view direction of the "Point Style" specified within the code set style.

Corridor Properties > Codes Tab > Code Set Style >Edit > Point > Style (Edit Style in use here) > Display Tab >

Set View Direction to "Model" > Marker > visible> off.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report