Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the profile grid limits

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
MatTheDrafter
1577 Views, 4 Replies

Changing the profile grid limits

I have been assigned to “clean up” a set of drawings done in Civil 3-D 2012. I wanted to know if there is any way of changing or increasing the grid created when you create profiles. I have just added some labeling to some pipe networks and was about to move onto positioning the manhole station above the Centerline profile line of the road. When I was about to I noticed the grid is to short. I have tones of space below my profiles for the station labels but it has been asked the labels go above the profiled for presentation. So does anyone know how to change the layout of the grid in civil 3-D without exploding the grid? Attached is an image of how the grid is now laid out.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: MatTheDrafter

Profile View Properties>Stations and Elevations Tabs. User specified range/height.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
MatTheDrafter
in reply to: Jay_B

Thank you for the help. Don't suppose you know how to change the station number on the manhole label?
Message 4 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: MatTheDrafter

Sure, select the Structure Label with Properties pallete open>Specify the "Reference Alignment" here.

By changing it here it will be retained.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 5
bmattingly
in reply to: Jay_B

When I go to Profile view properties station and elevations. change my elevations from say 1235.00 to 1230.00 the system locks up. It appears like the changes are made but at that point it locks up. the arrow just spins and the only way to get anything going again is to escape.  Everything works again but it does not keep my changes.   What is going on.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report