Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing colors for Xref linework

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
rkmin
1750 Views, 5 Replies

Changing colors for Xref linework

The normal color scheme for xref'd entites is the color gray. Is there a way to change them so that the linework can be more distinguishable? With everything being gray, it is hard to differentiate between contour lines and feature lines.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
AllenJessup
in reply to: rkmin

You can change the color of any Xref layer in the layer manager. To make sure that it sticks from dwg to dwg. Set VISRETAIN to 1.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
rkmin
in reply to: AllenJessup

I have a topo drawing that contains linework for EP, FL, TOB, etc. When I Xref that drawing into another drawing, all the colors for those lineworks come in as gray and I would like to keep the color for EP the same as how it was in the original topo drawing, same as for the FL, TOB, etc. 

In layer manager, I tried to change the color for those line layers but it still keeps them as gray.

Message 4 of 6
AllenJessup

Grey grey or muted color grey. If the colors are just muted change XDWGFADECTL

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
rkmin
in reply to: AllenJessup

Thank you sir, that command did it. I changed the value to 0 and it brought the original colors back out.

Message 6 of 6
AllenJessup

Glad we figured it out. Enjoy Smiley Happy

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report