Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Pipe Material

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
oceanside
15638 Views, 22 Replies

Changing Pipe Material

Version Civil 3D 2013....A pipe network has been created & labeled.  All pipes labeled correctly except one.  The material for 15", 18", 24" RCP pipes labeled "RCP" but all the 12" pipes labeled "Reinforced Concrete Pipe".  So I know I need to change the Material of the 12" pipe to read "RCP".  I was hoping to just go to Pipe Properties & change it there for this dwg but it doesn't change.  I was thinking it might be in the part xml file but why would some label "RCP" and the 12" didn't? The Parts Catolog used in this dwg is the default from Autodesk.  Also, in the Part List, Material is greyed out.  That's the first place I went to change the Material. Any suggestions?

the best is at the beach!
22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: kevin

Sorry for any confusion. No Parts list xml.

There are three XML files.
C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2013\enu\Pipes Catalog\Aecc Shared Content\AeccPartParamCfg: Manages the contexts and part sizes. Use this for adding new text entries, size values etc. (Global)

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2013\enu\Pipes Catalog\Metric Pipes\AeccSharedPropertyLists: Use this for managed list entries. Global, per catalogue.

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2013\enu\Pipes Catalog\Metric Pipes\Circular Pipes\AeccCircularCMPipe_Metric etc: The physical part xml file.
This saves details about each separate parts data and values from part builder. You may if you add new contexts controlling sizes into custom parts need to adjust these xml files. There are good tutorials online but here's the trick.

Model the part and make note of custom values you want access to to control the part. Add the new value(s) into the AeccPartParamCfg file in <AeccDfParameter and also AeccPartDomainCfg (for pipe or Structures).

Now save the part if not already and regen and test the catalogue. If your part generates errors look at the validate file for info. Likely to be a duplication error. So open the parts generated XML file, look for the new value(s).

Sometimes you will have two values in this case you will need to remove the ColumnConst value line entirely and change the correct line so the context (Geometry_Distance2D etc) matches the Part param file definition of context. Then change the Index to 0. save and close.

M

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 22 of 23
SKANE2015
in reply to: oceanside

GO INTO PART BUILDER

Message 23 of 23
sean99XFU
in reply to: SKANE2015

I know this is an old thread but I have a similar reinforced concrete pipe material issue?

The pipes in the master pipe drawing all show RCP as the material for all the pipes in said network.

Created a data referenced and dref'd it into a storm drain sheet.  I imported the parts list before I added the data reference to the sheet.   Some of the pipes materials now show Reinforced Concrete Pipe in dref drawing yet they show RCP as material in pipe properties and in labels using <[Material(CP)]>.  Yes, that is correct, in the data reference source dwg the material is RCP in pipe properties and in the dref'd sheet the material in pipe properties is Reinforced Concrete Pipe. 

Btw how come i can vlax-put everything needed for a pipe label (and it works) except <[Material(CP)]>?

(vlax-put NewContents 'value "<[2D Length - Center to Center(Uft|P2|RN|AP|Sn|OF)]> LF <[Pipe Inner Diameter or Width(Uin|P0|RN|AP|Sn|OF)]>\" <[Material(CP)]> SD @ S=<[Pipe Slope(FD|P4|RN|AP|GC|UN|SD|OF)]>"). 

The label will read as such:  62.92 LF 48" <Material> SD @ S=0.0246

I do use a custom part catalog which has functioned properly in previous releases without this issue.

Its not a part catalog problem as far as the parts are concerned.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report