Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Individual Marker Sizes

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kevincahir
312 Views, 2 Replies

Changing Individual Marker Sizes

Hi,

I am trying to change the sizes of markers individually. When I change the marker of one, it changes for all of them. I think this has to do with the point groups. I am able to add all points to a new group  but I cant specify which markers i want in that group.

Any help?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
troma
in reply to: kevincahir

If you edit a style, all objects which use that style will update.  It's like changing the colour of a layer; all objects on that layer will update (presuming colour is 'ByLayer'...).

The solution may be to copy the style, and edit the copy as you need to.

And yes, you can use a point group to override a style.  Set the style you want on the 'information' tab, and check off the appropriate box on the 'overrides' tab.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 3
wetsnow13
in reply to: kevincahir

From a survey standpoint I recommend creating as many different point styles as you need, including for size.  You can then create field codes in the description key to handle them automatically.  You also don't have to worry about the hierarchy of your point groups for displaying styles.  I use point style group overrides for drafting, but always clear them out afterwards.

If you are doing this for trees or something "scalable" you can a scaling parameter in your desc key and have only one point style.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report