Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Corridor Target Surface

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1590 Views, 3 Replies

Changing Corridor Target Surface

Is there a method for globally changing the target surface for several corridors.  My existing surface has been revised and I had to create a new one as opposed to editing the original.  Now I have to associate my profiles, corridors, and section views to this revised existing surface.  

Thanks in advance...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ccoles
in reply to: Anonymous

Not that I'm aware of. But, I have been sucessful taking my original surface and updating it to new revisions so such a task is not necessary. One method that comes to mind is to remove all the definitions (points, breaklines, contours, objects, and edits) of the original surface, then pasting the new surface into it so the referenced surface is the revised surface.

Windows 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5610, Dual-Xeon 2.6Ghz, 16 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: ccoles

Thanks ccoles,

That was my first choice but since we and to keep the original surface and profiles, corridors created with that surface intact, I choose to do a saveas and then edit. That was probably my first mistake in keeping this simple.

Message 4 of 4
Kundertk
in reply to: Anonymous

This is one of the reasons why I like to create a composite existing ground surface and use that for the project, even if I expect there will not be more than one source of survey information.  I call it something generic, like OG_Composite.

I'll create a new surface and paste it into the topo survey surface, then add the composite to the data shortcuts.  Always reference the composite surface for profiles, corridors, sections, etc.  This way, you never have to do a whole bunch of reworking if you end up adding additional survey during the lifetime of the project.  If new data ends up being required because of a scope change, missing survey or whatever other reason, then simply paste the new data into the composite surface drawing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report