Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the starting station units (slignment from objets)

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jevc900423
1576 Views, 4 Replies

Change the starting station units (slignment from objets)

I was working this drawing in CAD 2010 but i needed to make an alignment so i moved to Civil 3D, my problem is that the units of the starting station are showed as 0+00.00' and not as 0+000.00m

I already tried changing the units in drawing utilities but still the units are "wrong"

Do you know a solution?

90QYV[1].png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sboon
in reply to: jevc900423

You can change the station display behaviour for a single label style but if you want to change it for the entire drawing then you need to go to the Drawing settings dialog.  Switch to the Settings tab in Toolspace and right-click on the drawing name.

Clipboard02.png

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 5
jevc900423
in reply to: sboon

thank you so much. If is not ask for too much could you add me a little image for the second solution, im sort of new using civil 3D.

Would be more usefull in my case to change the setting for the complete drawing becuse i use to the most part in autoCAD and if i need an aligntment or something of CAD 3d i just do it and back again to autoCAD

EDIT.

Ok nvm i already saw that the pic above is the 2° solution ty so much.

😄

Message 4 of 5
troma

I'm very concerned for you! More significant than the plus sign position is the fact that your C3D defaulted to feet when you are trying to work in metres. It is for reasons like this that it is dangerous to bounce back and forth from CAD to C3D. All C3D work should be started from a C3D template which has all your settings correctly set. Then you can insert or copy/paste from CAD as needed.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 5
lsimms1

Just as a heads up, your elevations could default to feet as well.

There are many settings in the same tab as the stations you should check.

As troma mentioned, it is always better to start the drawing in c3d. whether you use the civil objects or just have basic drafting. That gives you options.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report