Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change surface slopes?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2110 Views, 5 Replies

Change surface slopes?

I created a new surface using a Feature Line. The surface was generate with 3:1 slopes for both cut & fill. Is there a way to change the slopes from 3:1 to 2:1 without having to delete and re-create my surface?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sboon
in reply to: Anonymous

You need to provide more information so that we can help you.  How did you use this featureline to create a surface - is it a breakline, or did you add a grading object to the FL?

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: sboon

I created my feature line and set the elevations at all the end points. I then used the Grading Creation Tools to create my surface by setting my target to my existing ground surface, selected my grading criteria set and then selecting create grading. I then selected my feature line and it created my new surface.

Message 4 of 6
sboon

Select the grading object, right-click and use the Grading Editor option.  If you find that the slope you want to edit is locked then you may have to go back to the Grading Creation toolbar and edit the criteria to unlock it.

Steve

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: sboon

Thank you for the quick replies. I tried that but Grading Editor option wasn't there. I found though in the Grading Creation Tools that there is an Edit Grading button next to the Create Grading. This allowed me to change my slopes. I wouldn't have looked there if you hadn't mentioned going back to the Grading Creation Tools. Thank you for your help.

Michael

Message 6 of 6
sboon

No problem.  Selecting the actual grading object can sometimes be a problem, as it's often buried under featurelines and the surfaces it creates.  One of my best practice recommendations is that you edit your grading style so that the center marker is always displayed as a percentage of screen, and on a no-plot layer.  That way you can locate and select grading objects which might not be easy to find otherwise.

Steve

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report