Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change surface reference for slope labels

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
fcernst
3273 Views, 21 Replies

Change surface reference for slope labels

I have many surface slope labels placed where I want them. Now I just want to change the surface they reference, but Surface box is grayed out in Label Properties.

Searching the internet I see many convuluted workarounds to do this simple operation, is that really still the case?

Capture.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
BrianHailey
in reply to: CADjunkie209

@CADjunkie209 wrote:

"If you no longer need the old surface, just get rid of all the data in it and paste the new surface into it."

Okay, I'm seing this as a suggested solution in a few different threads, but, how do you "paste into a surface"? I understand how to delete all the definition data out of a surface, just can't figure out how to paste the new data "into it".    Any help would be appriciated.  I've been stuggling with this same issue since I converted to Civil 3D only last year.

Currently using IDS Premium 2014

You don't paste the data into it, you paste the other surface (that has the data) into it. Expand out the surface name, definition, right click on edits and choose "Paste Surface" (or something along those lines).

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 22 of 22
CADjunkie209
in reply to: BrianHailey

Just as I suspected. If it were a snake, it would have bit me. Thank you Mr. Hailey! You just single handedly saved me quite a bit of time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report