Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change section view direction

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1448 Views, 7 Replies

Change section view direction

I have to create sections with view backwards meaning not in direction of the chainage. How can I mirror my sections?

Many thanks for your help

Reto
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Not sure about mirroring, but couldn't you do one of the following:

1. Simply reverse the alignment.
2. If #1 is not feasible, then create a new alignment right over the old one but this one you have the direction reversed.

Maybe I'm looking at it too simply and not taking into account any repercussions for doing this.

Rick
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Sounds like you are doing a Hydraulic Study?...HEC-RAS does view the
sections backwards.

344-99448284 wrote:
> I have to create sections with view backwards meaning not in direction of the chainage. How can I mirror my sections?
>
> Many thanks for your help
>
> Reto
Message 4 of 8
SamM30

The easiest way is to reverse the alignment and then apply a decreasing chainage equation over the length of the alignment. This way everything stays dynamic.

Attached image may explain better but let me know if you need more info.

Sam
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks Sam, now that works well.

SamMason6790 wrote:
> The easiest way is to reverse the alignment and then apply a decreasing chainage equation over the length of the alignment. This way everything stays dynamic.
>
> Attached image may explain better but let me know if you need more info.
>
> Sam
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

But if you reverse the alignment, then your profiles are also reversed? If that is okay with the municipality fine, but here we show profiles in the direction of flow and sometimes have to show reversed xsecs - depends what kind of mood the municipality is in. Just asking.

Rick
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

One more thing, completely non-related. If your user name is your Autodesk product serial number, I would HIGHLY recommend changing your user name to something else.

Rick
Message 8 of 8
SamM30

Hopefully the ID has changed this time! Thanks for the warning though.

Good point about the profiles. We seem to only ever be asked to provide cross sections and not profiles for rivers etc in our area so I didn't notice that before. Not sure of a work around for that one other than going back to your original idea of having 2 alignments. I would be interested to know if there is a way though.

Sam

Or not. So for a real dumb question. How do you change your Display ID? Edited by: SamMason6790 on Aug 19, 2009 3:51 PM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report