Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Point Label Style within drawing

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mcloughlin
1167 Views, 6 Replies

Change Point Label Style within drawing

In C3D 2014, I have a set of points. I want to change their label style to another label style stored in Settings>Label Styles. This ought to be simple, no? Just click the preferred label style? Nothing. Refresh? Nothing. How do I globally change the point label styles within a drawing to another point label style? Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Pointdump
in reply to: mcloughlin

McLoughlin,

Here's how to set Label Styles from Top Down:

http://cadapult-software.com/label-styles-in-civil-3d-from-the-top-down-2/

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 7
mcloughlin
in reply to: Pointdump

Thanks, Dave, for your prompt response. I think I wasn't clear. I have two point label styles set within my Settings>Point>Label Styles. I need to switch from one to the other, and have the points within the drawing reflect that switch. I do NOT want to change any label settings; I want to change the LABEL STYLE only, so that the TEXT LABELING THE POINTS corresponds to the second of the two point label styles within my Settings>Point>Label Styles. Thanks again.
Message 4 of 7
Jeff_M

The PointGroup(s) may be controlling the style(s) displayed.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 7
Pointdump

McLoughlin,

How about making two copies of the All Points Group using your two styles, and then put either one at the top of the list to change the display.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 6 of 7

Make a new point group at the top of the list, put those two points in that group (irrespective if they are in another group) and fix the style.

Eric Collins, P.Tech.(Eng.)

Win 10
Intel i7 9700 @ 3 GHz
16 GB RAM
Civil 3D 2019
Message 7 of 7
IanMcClain

Points display based on a hieracy in the following order: applied point styles, group assigned styles, drawing default styles.

You can control the point style with groups as mentioned in the above posts or you can select the points and manually apply the style you want in the properties window. If styles have been applied manually and you want the styles defineds groups to control, select the points and change the styles to default.

Ian McClain

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report