Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centering Cross Section View on Sheet

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
L3GO-Ed
3697 Views, 8 Replies

Centering Cross Section View on Sheet

Hullo Guys,

I would like to centre a cross section view on a layout sheet but cant find such a setting anywhere in the magical C3D. My idea is to Print a single cross section view per sheet which had come out well with the basic plot style but I can't figure out how to have the views centered on the sheet. I have attached a snapshot.

Any ideas good people

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
wfberry
in reply to: L3GO-Ed

Make sure you have the viewport boundary on a non-plotting layer.  Move your viewport anywhere on the sheet.

Bill

Message 3 of 9
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

We usually try to get as many on a sheet as possible, so this is new for me.  We plot on 11x17 sheets at a 20 scale for our sections.  I played with the spacing between rows & colums for the Group Plot Style which is listed on the Settings tab, Section View, Group Plot Styles.  I then adjusted the Axis offset in the Section View Style > Grid tab > increased the below datum amount (for me it was set to 5 which moved it close to the center of the page).  We don't use section bands, so that type of annotation didn't come into play.  You may have to adjust some of the band settings.

I don't seem to be able to get it centered horizontally however.  Obviously not an efficient use of space for us, but just an example to show what you can do.2014-08-19_16-03-03.jpg

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 4 of 9
L3GO-Ed
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Bill, Moving the layout on the sheet disorganises my sheet's appearance.

Lisa, the suggestions would work perfectly but over here we use bands to indicate levels for the construction crews. It seems the tweeks needed involve these data bands

Message 5 of 9
sboon

You need to change the horizontal and vertical spacing for the major grids on your sheet style so that you have only one line each way in the middle of the sheet.  I did a class on this topic at Autodesk University last year.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 6 of 9
L3GO-Ed
in reply to: sboon

Thanx Steve, I went through the presentation and from what I gathered, the trick is to first figure out the amount of Space (i.e. height & width) that my intendend crosssection-display will take up on the page and then use those dimensions to create my layout view port.

Message 7 of 9
dilsmails1

the video link is not available now, some one please re post it or explain please 

Dileep
Message 8 of 9
crispy_bacon1
in reply to: dilsmails1

I don't have access to make a video of my screen, but I am attaching two screen shots that I think may help.

One is the default location my style placed the sections views, which is too far left (so much that the text is outside the viewport). The second is after I adjusted the Vertical Major for the Group Plot Style.

Message 9 of 9
makourani

sboon,

Thanks for your hint about the major grid spacing.

I gave it a try and my conclusion is that the major grid spacing MUST be equals or multiple of the row spacing between the section views.

Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report