Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carriageway Surface Volume

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
PBriedis
264 Views, 2 Replies

Carriageway Surface Volume

I am trying to determine the volume of material (cut/fill) for a roadway surface in C3D 2013 using the volume dashboard.

I have created a fictional surface, basic profile and assembly so I can compare my calcs with C3D. After creating my surfaces and running the dashboard calcs, the program calcaulted the correct cut/fill volume. However looking at the surface in iso, I saw that additional surfaces were produced around zero elevation - refer to attached snapshot

In my actual model, I am well above zero elevation but these additional surfaces could cause problems on other projects. Any thoughts on what C3D is doing and how to fix this?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: PBriedis

This is as expected, the aditional surface should be the Volume surface.

It should have a variance in levels based from 0.00, positive being fill volumes negative being cut volumes. If you look at the surface properties this varience will be declared as being minimum & maximum levels.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 3 of 3
neilyj666
in reply to: PBriedis

...and they won't cause any problems on this or other projects apart from bloating your drawings so use sparingly or use data shortcuts

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report