Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capturing the xyz of the PC, Mid, PT, BVCS, PVI, EVCS

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
JamaL9722060
2072 Views, 10 Replies

Capturing the xyz of the PC, Mid, PT, BVCS, PVI, EVCS

Capturing the xyz of the PC, Mid, PT, BVCS, PVI, EVCS and stations of horizontal and vertical alignment,

I’m wondering if there IS ONE INTEGRATED COMMAND by which the xyz of PC, Mid, PT, BVCS, PVI, EVCS of horizontal and vertical alignments and stations can be captured (attached)

The “create points – alignment” can be used to get the xyz of the stations but it doesn’t included other points like PC, Mid, PT, BVCS, PVI, EVCS

Best

Jamal

---------------------------
Jamal Numan
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: JamaL9722060

Have you considered the report tool box? It give lots of data regarding alignments? Lable styles or tables?
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 3 of 11
Jay_B

The create profile geometry points on alignment will place points at bvc, evc etc.
http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2013/ENU/filesCUG/GUID-CC9DAE3C-1B0C-4141-98F5-CFE1CEF1ED71.htm

The create points at alignment geometry command will place horizontal curve points like pc, pt etc.
http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2013/ENU/filesCUG/GUID-1E28C908-AB54-4571-B06A-B536396C0E39.htm
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 11
JamaL9722060
in reply to: Jay_B

Thank you very much Jay_B and Joe-Bouzafor the help,

What I’m looking for is one integrated command by which the XYZ coordinates of the following points are summarized in a table (and then to be exported as CSV format)

1. Stations
  2. Horizontal alignment: PC, Mid, PT,
  3. Vertical alignment: BVCS, PVI, EVCS

Is that possible?

Best

Jamal

Jamal Numan
Message 5 of 11
Joe-Bouza

Hello JamaL

There is no direct command I am aware of. An alignment and profile report will give you the data you seek. Running the COGO point will enable you to create a table easily. Either way you have to put in some work up front or on the back end
Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 6 of 11
Jay_B

Jamal,

I,m not aware of any one step integrated method to obtain ALL the information you'd like for the points.
If you create the cogo points using the 2 point commands I mentioned in my last post in addition to measure alignment command you've been using. This will create all of the cogo points you're sekking AFAIK. then some renumbering of the points may be required to get the desired order in the table. Create a point table if you desire as mentioned in your related post.
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Inclusion-of-point-groups-in-a-table/td-p/4337074
Then export these cogo points to an ascii. file open in excel and format as desired.
I'm sure there are other ways to do this but I'm fairly certain all methods will involve multiple steps.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 7 of 11
JamaL9722060
in reply to: Jay_B

Thank you guys for the prompt help,

I’m not sure if the table can include the station number (for example 0+100) or the point name (like PC, Mid, PT, BVCS, PVI, EVCS) to better recognise what each point represents on the field (attached).

The “create cogo points from corridor” command sounds not to produce what I’m looking for

Best

Jamal

Jamal Numan
Message 8 of 11
Joe-Bouza

If you create points as previously suggested then a station offset report will give you that information.
Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 9 of 11
JamaL9722060
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Reports have the same problem. No one report can include all the data I wanted.

1. Stations
  2. Horizontal alignment: PC, Mid, PT,
  3. Vertical alignment: BVCS, PVI, EVCS

Also, I don’t know how to include the station number (for example: 0+100) and desertion (like PC, Mid, PT, BVCS, PVI, EVCS,…)

Best

Jamal

Jamal Numan
Message 10 of 11
_Hathaway

You will have to purchase Sincpac to be able to do what you want. We had similar issues. Sincpac paid for itself the first day we used it, it's a very powerful inexpensive Civil3d addon that can do everything you want + tons more.
Message 11 of 11
JamaL9722060
in reply to: _Hathaway

Many thanks mikehathaway2942 for the help,

Best

Jamal

Jamal Numan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report