Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot work Sheet Set Manager

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
wilsonm2000
267 Views, 4 Replies

Cannot work Sheet Set Manager

Hi guys

I am struggling to get SSM to work in C3D.  I have never really used it in normal AutoCAD, so totally new to it.  I have setup a plan an profile *.dwt template with our companies title block in it, and populated the attributs with sheet set fields.  But when I go through the Plan & Production process, it populates the SSM with mny sheets, but I dont think it has used my fields, as when I right click the sheets and go to properties, I cannot see the custom fields I put in the title block 😞  what am I doing wrong?  What is the process of getting these fields into my SSM?

Thanks

Martin

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mathewkol
in reply to: wilsonm2000

You don't get field into a sheet set. Your fields read information from a sheet set. Give us an example of the fields you are using. Unless you've created custom sheet set fields in your title block. You'll need to add those to your sheet set properties.

If you haven't already done so, read Heidi Hewitt's PDF called "Sheets_Happen.pdf" which can be found on google.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 5
neilyj666

Don't expect to get SSM to work straight away...!!!!! You'll really need to get the pdf referred to in Matt's reply as this is considered to be the "Sheet Set Bible"

It took me a while to get the SSM to a basic workable state (for my purposes) without including attributes that refer to other sheets etc etc

You need to make sure the templates are correct and that you refer to them when going through the wizard

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 4 of 5
ArchD

If you created a title block with all the custom fields, make sure you create a mock up sheet set that has all the custom properties matching the custom property fields in the title block.

When you create a new sheet set, create it from "An example sheet set" and choose the mock up dst file. After you start one in this way, the title block that was created with that mock up set will work with any of the new projects.

Generally, to create a mock up set, I start a new sheet set from scratch, add all the custom properties I need, then add a sheet to it (or subsets along with thier unique sheets). Then in that sheet, I then add the title block with the custom property fields. Save this Sheet Set and it's drawings in a template type folder so you can always create new ones from that set. Create blocks out of the title blocks for easy drag and drop from the tool pallette for new sheets.

I hope I was clear enough, in my head it sounded good.

Archie Dodge
Applications Expert - Infrastructure Solutions Division
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 5 of 5
wilsonm2000
in reply to: ArchD

Great, thanks a lot guys for your help 🙂  really helpful as usual.

Its beer o'clock here, so will need to try this on Tuesday when I am back at work.  Have a great weekend folks 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report