Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get material volume report

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
wilsonm2000
1698 Views, 4 Replies

Cannot get material volume report

Hi guys

I have a corridor that I want to get volumes from.  Along my corridor I have a surface made for the bulk earthworks, and it works great with the Volume Report, no problems.  But I cannot get the volumes for the shape along my corridor.  You can see from my attached images, the shape that I have on the assembly that I want to get a volume from.  I have named the shape in the sub assembly properties, and I was able to select it in the "Edit Material List" fine (attached).  But when I go to Analyze and Volume Report, I just get a load of zero's.  Any ideas why this could be happening?

Thanks

Martin

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
toyhonda86
in reply to: wilsonm2000

In the volume Report Dialog Box, select the style sheet Select Material.

Adam

Windows 7 x 64
NVIDIA Quadro K2200
16 GB Ram
Intel Core i7-6700 @ 3.40 GHz
Civil 3D 2017
Message 3 of 5
wilsonm2000
in reply to: toyhonda86

Great, thanks for that Adam, works for my report in xml, woohoo 🙂  But what if I want a volume table in the drawing?  Again, when I put the table in with that material, everything is zero.

Message 4 of 5
wilsonm2000

Anyone got any ideas for this?  The volume report works when exporting it as an XML report, but will not show the information in a table inserted into the drawing.

Message 5 of 5
wilsonm2000

Ok, this is embarrassing!  I selected the wrong volume table under the analyze tab.  I was selecting "Total Volume Table" I should have been selecting "Material Volume Material"  such an idiot, so obvious 😛  lol

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report