Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot extend structures in profile

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
nathan07
718 Views, 4 Replies

Cannot extend structures in profile

I have added a pipe network to my profile view and for some reason the structures do not extend down to the inverts of the pipe. So the pipes are lower than the structures. I tried changing the sump, and the rim to sump (rim to sump can be editted but immediately goes back to what it originally was when you click apply. I've also tried clicking the structure and extending it downwards but it doesn't change. I've tried changing the stye and still have the same issue. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: nathan07

Have you tried applying a structure rule "Set Sump depth=0" ?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
ccl_cad_manager

How far below above the pipe is the structure showing?  Could you have the pipe outer walls turned on and no thickness to the structure bottom?

MikeC

Civil 3D 2015, Win 7 64bit, 16 GB RAM, Dell M4600
''That's the way we've always done it'' is an excuse, not a reason.
Message 4 of 5
ccoles

Are you sure the pipes are 'connected' to the structure? Graphically, in CAD they may look connected, but check the structure properties under the tab 'Connected Pipes' to see if they are reading as connected to the structure.

Windows 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5610, Dual-Xeon 2.6Ghz, 16 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013
Message 5 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: ccoles

Easy way to check pipe connections, drag the structure, the pipes should follow.

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report