Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Mirror Daylight Sub Assembly

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
JOVO85
4103 Views, 5 Replies

Cannot Mirror Daylight Sub Assembly

Does anybody know why I can't mirror the Daylight Inside ROW Subassembly? For some reason I can only place it on the right side of my assembly and in the subassembly properties there is no option to flip it to the left. In the Modify Subassembly section when it's selected the mirror option is greyed out. 

What I am trying to accomplish seems simple enough:

I have a utility easement in a drainage ditch that is 30' wide with a sewer line designed down the center, we need a very simple 10' access road on the uphill side of sewer line with 4:1 Cut/Fill slopes on either side when possible, however when the 4:1 won't catch within the easement I need it to daylight within.

At first glance the Daylight Inside ROW seems to be the appropriate subassembly for this instance but I can't get it on the left side of my road.Is there a way to set up this parameter with a different subassembly because I can get other subassemblies on the either side just fine, for example, the Cut Slope Layout Mode subaasembly works but when I build my corridor with it the slopes tie outside of the easement in several locations.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Joseph 

Joseph-

Civil 3D 2012
Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU
16GB RAM

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
BrianHailey
in reply to: JOVO85

This type of subassembly has an offset instead of side and width. Want it to go to the left? Just use a negative value for the offset.

Daylight_within_row.png

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 6
Jeff_M

This is one of the subs whose 'side' is determined by the offset used. Enter a negative offset and it will go to the left.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 6
JOVO85

AAAAAHH, Thank you Jeff and Brian, I knew it would be simple but dang! You guys are awesome!

Joseph-

Civil 3D 2012
Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU
16GB RAM

Message 5 of 6
JOVO85

One more question, should each offset be the distance from centerline to edge of corridor?

Joseph-

Civil 3D 2012
Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU
16GB RAM

Message 6 of 6
Jeff_M

Yes, it's the total offset from the baseline (alignment).

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report