Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see my surface

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
WillHBK
2504 Views, 4 Replies

Can't see my surface

Hi all,

I'm working in Civil 3D 2014.  I've imported about 100 points (csv delimited) in order to create a surface from them.  I created a new point group.  I then created a new surface:

- TIN surface

- Assigned layer

- Assigned style

I then added my point group within Defintion -> Point Groups.  The surface would not show up.  It is there and when I right-click on my surface within the Toolspace and click "Select", Properties says I have selected a "Tin Surface" so I know the surface exists.  I have turned on and thawed all layers.  I have tried using multiple surface styles.  I've turned LEVELOFDETAILOFF and on again.  I have no isolated layers.  All my points have elevations.  I've turned on all component displays withinin the Display tab when editing Surface Style (for both model and plan).  Surface Properties -> Statistics states that I have 129 triangles in my TIN surface but I don't see any of them.

I feel like there's something very simple I'm missing.  It's been a while since I've dealt with surfaces.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Will

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: WillHBK

Hi,

sounds like there is a style assigned to the surface, that has no elements to display, open the style, go to tab "Display" and look what is on and what is off (make sure you verify both, 2D and 3D).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
WillHBK
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Alfred,

Thanks for the quick response.

Within the Surface Style's Display tab,  I've turned on all display options for Model, Plan, and Section but it made no difference.  I'm not sure what you mean by verifying both 2D and 3D.  Please clarify.

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: WillHBK

Hi,

>> I'm not sure what you mean by verifying both 2D and 3D

You were already on the right way with "...options for Model, Plan...", as I don't have the english version of C3D I just didn't know the naming for that.

If that are just a few points ==> can you upload the dwg-file?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5
WillHBK
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

So I have already started a new dwg using a different template and the surface came through just as it should.  Must have been something to do with the previous template I was using.

Thanks very much for the help though!  I just wish I would have had the wherewithal to start a new dwg sooner rather than trying to fix the problem.  Darn engineering mind! 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report