Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't offset a horizontal alignment to create a pline

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
fcopley
3111 Views, 10 Replies

Can't offset a horizontal alignment to create a pline

This is with Civil 3D 2013.  I am able to create a pline by offsetting an alignment using any drawing on any other workstation in our office, but on my machine I get an error: "1 object(s) were filtered out." when I try to select the alignment.

This leads me to searching for some system variable or something that is different on my machine.  Has anyone else come across this?

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
dgordon
in reply to: fcopley

reboot, and reload?

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 3 of 11
mathewkol

I'm going to guess that you're selecting not the alignment, but something on top of it, like the station labels, by accident.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 11
troma

Any locked layers in the drawing?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 11
fcopley

Thanks for all the suggestions, but none seem to make a difference.  Time for a proper wipe and reinstall, I guess.

Message 6 of 11
troma

There are a few other error finders I would try.  You say this is only one machine; is it also only one drawing, or any alignment in any drawing?  What happens if you log into windows as different user?

Mark Green

Message 7 of 11
fcopley
in reply to: troma

That does narrow it down.  It works fine logged in as another user on my machine.  It seems to be any alignment in any drawing.

Thanks.

Message 8 of 11
troma

What do you get if you log into windows as yourself and then choose a different C3D profile in the options dialogue?

Mark Green

Message 9 of 11
fcopley

It seems to be the same using any profile.

But I did just realize that it will in fact work for me if I select the alignment first and then issue the offset command.

Thanks.

Message 10 of 11
fcopley

Okay, I sort of solved this by overwriting some of my user files in \AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D 2013\enu from another user.  I would still like to have a better idea of what caused it.

Thanks, troma for your suggestions.

Message 11 of 11
troma

Glad you found something.  It was just something I've seen others suggest around these discussions.

Mark Green

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report