Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't locate Rail Track Layout Module - Civil 3D 2014

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Dan.e.johnson
937 Views, 5 Replies

Can't locate Rail Track Layout Module - Civil 3D 2014

Dear Users,

I recently downloaded the Rail Layout Module for Civil 3D 2014 and I can't find it anywjere when I open the program. I can see the GeoTechnics that came with the program originally but the Rail Layout Module is now where to be found. Is there something that I am missing?

Dan

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
wfberry
in reply to: Dan.e.johnson

Determine which browser you downloaded through.  Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome OR something else.  Look in the appropriate download folder.

After you download it, you must install it.

Bill

Message 3 of 6
Dan.e.johnson
in reply to: wfberry

Thanks for the reply.

It was downloaded via Internet Explorer. Our IT group sets everything up and we just deploy the .exe file needed. When I look in CUI (see attached) I can see that something regarding Rail Alignments is in there but I can't get anything to show up on my screen (in my Ribbon or Tabs area). I've already shut everything down and restarted but still nothing is helping.

Message 4 of 6

From the read-me document:  

"Once installed, users can access the Rail Layout Module commands via the AutoCAD Civil 3D Toolbox. A new entry will be created under the “Subscription Extension Manager” toolbox category."

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 5 of 6

Thanks David!

I was never forwarded that read-me file for the installation. Thanks a bunch.

Dan
Message 6 of 6
tmalyar
in reply to: Dan.e.johnson

Dear Sir, 

I have newly joined the railway authority in my country as a design engineer and I am searching for Rail Layout module for Auto CAD Civil 3D 2019? 

Because by default there are many problem creating the rail design issue. 

Could you please send me the link to download the rail layout module from internet or Civil Desk App. 

Thanks 

tmalyar@yahoo.com 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report