Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't apply Service Pack 1

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
ddixon3
427 Views, 24 Replies

Can't apply Service Pack 1

I'n trying to apply SP1 to an unlocked version of Civil 3D. I receive an error "A problem prevented the Service Pack from being installed. Contact your system administrator. Error Code: 1624". I cannot get around this error to apply the Service Pack. Can anyone help me?

Dave D.
24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: ddixon3

Hi Issac, 2 out of 3 ain't bad. I found 2 of the files that you asked me to look for. I did not find the MSP7 file in the .../local settings/temp/ folder. The files should be in the attached zip file. I tried the suggestions that Karen mentioned in her previous post. Still get the same "1624" error. Thanks, Dave Dixon "Isaac Rodriguez" wrote in message news:40a4ed2e_1@newsprd01... > Hi, > > Analyzing your log file, I've found that it is failing to apply the > transform to the Media table. This might be and indication of trying to > apply the wrong patch, but it also can be that your cached database is > corrupted. > > See if you still have in your machine the following file: > c:\Windows\Installer\22936.msi > > This is your cached database. You may have also the follwing file > C:\DOCUME~1\hdd\LOCALS~1\Temp\MSP7 > > This is the cached version of the patch you are trying to apply. > > Also, try to find this file, it is the transform that it is generated. > C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{5783F2D7-0200-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}\Civil3D.mst > > See how many of those files you can find, zip them and post them here or > e-mail them to Karen. I will try to take a look at them and see what I can > find. > > Thanks, > > -- > > Isaac Rodriguez > SW Enginieer - Autodesk > ---------------------------------------- > There are 10 types of people. > Those who understand binary, > and those who don't. > > > "Dave D" wrote in message news:40a13891_3@newsprd01... > > > > "Karen Dowling, Autodesk ISD Test Development @autodesk.com>" > > wrote in message news:40a0e0d8$1_3@newsprd01... > > > Hi Dave, > > > We are still working on trying to figure out what the problem is. For > > what > > > it's worth, it appears to be an issue associated with your environment > as > > we > > > are not seeing other customers with the issue. > > > > > > ERROR_INSTALL_TRANSFORM_ FAILURE > > > 1624 Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform > > paths > > > are valid. > > > > > > I've checked at the Microsoft support site and this error is included on > > > their List of Error Codes for Windows Installer Process. > > > > > > -- > > > Karen Dowling > > > Autodesk ISD QA Analyst > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Karen, > > I've attached a verbose error log file of my failed install. This might > > help you pinpoint the problem. > > Dave > > > > > > > >
Message 22 of 25
Anonymous

Looking at the files that you sent me was not of much help, other than it seems that the Media table is out of synch for some reason. I was reading previous postings and it seems that you originally installed from a network deployment. Have you tried to apply the patch to the network deployment and then reinstall from it? Thanks, -- Isaac Rodriguez SW Enginieer - Autodesk ---------------------------------------- There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary, and those who don't. "Dave D" wrote in message news:40a50b8c_1@newsprd01... > Hi Issac, > > 2 out of 3 ain't bad. I found 2 of the files that you asked me to look for. > I did not find the MSP7 file in the .../local settings/temp/ folder. The > files should be in the attached zip file. > > I tried the suggestions that Karen mentioned in her previous post. Still > get the same "1624" error. > > Thanks, > Dave Dixon > > "Isaac Rodriguez" wrote in message > news:40a4ed2e_1@newsprd01... > > Hi, > > > > Analyzing your log file, I've found that it is failing to apply the > > transform to the Media table. This might be and indication of trying to > > apply the wrong patch, but it also can be that your cached database is > > corrupted. > > > > See if you still have in your machine the following file: > > c:\Windows\Installer\22936.msi > > > > This is your cached database. You may have also the follwing file > > C:\DOCUME~1\hdd\LOCALS~1\Temp\MSP7 > > > > This is the cached version of the patch you are trying to apply. > > > > Also, try to find this file, it is the transform that it is generated. > > C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{5783F2D7-0200-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}\Civil3D.mst > > > > See how many of those files you can find, zip them and post them here or > > e-mail them to Karen. I will try to take a look at them and see what I can > > find. > > > > Thanks, > > > > -- > > > > Isaac Rodriguez > > SW Enginieer - Autodesk > > ---------------------------------------- > > There are 10 types of people. > > Those who understand binary, > > and those who don't. > > > > > > "Dave D" wrote in message > news:40a13891_3@newsprd01... > > > > > > "Karen Dowling, Autodesk ISD Test Development @autodesk.com>" > > > wrote in message news:40a0e0d8$1_3@newsprd01... > > > > Hi Dave, > > > > We are still working on trying to figure out what the problem is. For > > > what > > > > it's worth, it appears to be an issue associated with your environment > > as > > > we > > > > are not seeing other customers with the issue. > > > > > > > > ERROR_INSTALL_TRANSFORM_ FAILURE > > > > 1624 Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform > > > paths > > > > are valid. > > > > > > > > I've checked at the Microsoft support site and this error is included > on > > > > their List of Error Codes for Windows Installer Process. > > > > > > > > -- > > > > Karen Dowling > > > > Autodesk ISD QA Analyst > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Karen, > > > I've attached a verbose error log file of my failed install. This might > > > help you pinpoint the problem. > > > Dave > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 23 of 25
Anonymous

Issac, I was in error in an earlier post when I mentioned that we have a network deployment. In fact, it is a client deployment. I do not know how to go about applying the service pack to the client deployment or if it's even possible. Dave "Isaac Rodriguez" wrote in message news:40ab9bf7$1_2@newsprd01... > Looking at the files that you sent me was not of much help, other than it > seems that the Media table is out of synch for some reason. > > I was reading previous postings and it seems that you originally installed > from a network deployment. Have you tried to apply the patch to the network > deployment and then reinstall from it? > > Thanks, > > -- > > Isaac Rodriguez > SW Enginieer - Autodesk > ---------------------------------------- > There are 10 types of people. > Those who understand binary, > and those who don't. > > > "Dave D" wrote in message news:40a50b8c_1@newsprd01... > > Hi Issac, > > > > 2 out of 3 ain't bad. I found 2 of the files that you asked me to look > for. > > I did not find the MSP7 file in the .../local settings/temp/ folder. The > > files should be in the attached zip file. > > > > I tried the suggestions that Karen mentioned in her previous post. Still > > get the same "1624" error. > > > > Thanks, > > Dave Dixon > > > > "Isaac Rodriguez" wrote in message > > news:40a4ed2e_1@newsprd01... > > > Hi, > > > > > > Analyzing your log file, I've found that it is failing to apply the > > > transform to the Media table. This might be and indication of trying to > > > apply the wrong patch, but it also can be that your cached database is > > > corrupted. > > > > > > See if you still have in your machine the following file: > > > c:\Windows\Installer\22936.msi > > > > > > This is your cached database. You may have also the follwing file > > > C:\DOCUME~1\hdd\LOCALS~1\Temp\MSP7 > > > > > > This is the cached version of the patch you are trying to apply. > > > > > > Also, try to find this file, it is the transform that it is generated. > > > C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{5783F2D7-0200-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}\Civil3D.mst > > > > > > See how many of those files you can find, zip them and post them here or > > > e-mail them to Karen. I will try to take a look at them and see what I > can > > > find. > > > > > > Thanks, > > > > > > -- > > > > > > Isaac Rodriguez > > > SW Enginieer - Autodesk > > > ---------------------------------------- > > > There are 10 types of people. > > > Those who understand binary, > > > and those who don't. > > > > > > > > > "Dave D" wrote in message > > news:40a13891_3@newsprd01... > > > > > > > > "Karen Dowling, Autodesk ISD Test Development @autodesk.com>" > > > > wrote in message > news:40a0e0d8$1_3@newsprd01... > > > > > Hi Dave, > > > > > We are still working on trying to figure out what the problem is. > For > > > > what > > > > > it's worth, it appears to be an issue associated with your > environment > > > as > > > > we > > > > > are not seeing other customers with the issue. > > > > > > > > > > ERROR_INSTALL_TRANSFORM_ FAILURE > > > > > 1624 Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified > transform > > > > paths > > > > > are valid. > > > > > > > > > > I've checked at the Microsoft support site and this error is > included > > on > > > > > their List of Error Codes for Windows Installer Process. > > > > > > > > > > -- > > > > > Karen Dowling > > > > > Autodesk ISD QA Analyst > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Karen, > > > > I've attached a verbose error log file of my failed install. This > might > > > > help you pinpoint the problem. > > > > Dave > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 24 of 25
Anonymous

The Network Installer Wizard, which is the tool used to create the deployments, allows to apply a patch to an admin image (the image from where you installed). Then, you can run a re-install on your machine, and you will get the SP changes. You may want to talk to your network administrator about applying the patch to the deployment. Thanks, -- Isaac Rodriguez SW Enginieer - Autodesk ---------------------------------------- There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary, and those who don't. "Dave D" wrote in message news:40abc043$1_3@newsprd01... > Issac, > I was in error in an earlier post when I mentioned that we have a network > deployment. In fact, it is a client deployment. I do not know how to go > about applying the service pack to the client deployment or if it's even > possible. > Dave > > "Isaac Rodriguez" wrote in message > news:40ab9bf7$1_2@newsprd01... > > Looking at the files that you sent me was not of much help, other than it > > seems that the Media table is out of synch for some reason. > > > > I was reading previous postings and it seems that you originally installed > > from a network deployment. Have you tried to apply the patch to the > network > > deployment and then reinstall from it? > > > > Thanks, > > > > -- > > > > Isaac Rodriguez > > SW Enginieer - Autodesk > > ---------------------------------------- > > There are 10 types of people. > > Those who understand binary, > > and those who don't. > > > > > > "Dave D" wrote in message > news:40a50b8c_1@newsprd01... > > > Hi Issac, > > > > > > 2 out of 3 ain't bad. I found 2 of the files that you asked me to look > > for. > > > I did not find the MSP7 file in the .../local settings/temp/ folder. > The > > > files should be in the attached zip file. > > > > > > I tried the suggestions that Karen mentioned in her previous post. > Still > > > get the same "1624" error. > > > > > > Thanks, > > > Dave Dixon > > > > > > "Isaac Rodriguez" wrote in message > > > news:40a4ed2e_1@newsprd01... > > > > Hi, > > > > > > > > Analyzing your log file, I've found that it is failing to apply the > > > > transform to the Media table. This might be and indication of trying > to > > > > apply the wrong patch, but it also can be that your cached database is > > > > corrupted. > > > > > > > > See if you still have in your machine the following file: > > > > c:\Windows\Installer\22936.msi > > > > > > > > This is your cached database. You may have also the follwing file > > > > C:\DOCUME~1\hdd\LOCALS~1\Temp\MSP7 > > > > > > > > This is the cached version of the patch you are trying to apply. > > > > > > > > Also, try to find this file, it is the transform that it is generated. > > > > > C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{5783F2D7-0200-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}\Civil3D.mst > > > > > > > > See how many of those files you can find, zip them and post them here > or > > > > e-mail them to Karen. I will try to take a look at them and see what I > > can > > > > find. > > > > > > > > Thanks, > > > > > > > > -- > > > > > > > > Isaac Rodriguez > > > > SW Enginieer - Autodesk > > > > ---------------------------------------- > > > > There are 10 types of people. > > > > Those who understand binary, > > > > and those who don't. > > > > > > > > > > > > "Dave D" wrote in message > > > news:40a13891_3@newsprd01... > > > > > > > > > > "Karen Dowling, Autodesk ISD Test Development @autodesk.com>" > > > > > wrote in message > > news:40a0e0d8$1_3@newsprd01... > > > > > > Hi Dave, > > > > > > We are still working on trying to figure out what the problem is. > > For > > > > > what > > > > > > it's worth, it appears to be an issue associated with your > > environment > > > > as > > > > > we > > > > > > are not seeing other customers with the issue. > > > > > > > > > > > > ERROR_INSTALL_TRANSFORM_ FAILURE > > > > > > 1624 Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified > > transform > > > > > paths > > > > > > are valid. > > > > > > > > > > > > I've checked at the Microsoft support site and this error is > > included > > > on > > > > > > their List of Error Codes for Windows Installer Process. > > > > > > > > > > > > -- > > > > > > Karen Dowling > > > > > > Autodesk ISD QA Analyst > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Karen, > > > > > I've attached a verbose error log file of my failed install. This > > might > > > > > help you pinpoint the problem. > > > > > Dave > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 25 of 25
Anonymous

Ok. I will probably try this next week and I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks, Dave "Isaac Rodriguez" wrote in message news:40acb629$1_1@newsprd01... > The Network Installer Wizard, which is the tool used to create the > deployments, allows to apply a patch to an admin image (the image from where > you installed). Then, you can run a re-install on your machine, and you will > get the SP changes. > > You may want to talk to your network administrator about applying the patch > to the deployment. > > Thanks, > > -- > > Isaac Rodriguez > SW Enginieer - Autodesk > ---------------------------------------- > There are 10 types of people. > Those who understand binary, > and those who don't. > > > "Dave D" wrote in message > news:40abc043$1_3@newsprd01... > > Issac, > > I was in error in an earlier post when I mentioned that we have a network > > deployment. In fact, it is a client deployment. I do not know how to go > > about applying the service pack to the client deployment or if it's even > > possible. > > Dave > > > > "Isaac Rodriguez" wrote in message > > news:40ab9bf7$1_2@newsprd01... > > > Looking at the files that you sent me was not of much help, other than > it > > > seems that the Media table is out of synch for some reason. > > > > > > I was reading previous postings and it seems that you originally > installed > > > from a network deployment. Have you tried to apply the patch to the > > network > > > deployment and then reinstall from it? > > > > > > Thanks, > > > > > > -- > > > > > > Isaac Rodriguez > > > SW Enginieer - Autodesk > > > ---------------------------------------- > > > There are 10 types of people. > > > Those who understand binary, > > > and those who don't. > > > > > > > > > "Dave D" wrote in message > > news:40a50b8c_1@newsprd01... > > > > Hi Issac, > > > > > > > > 2 out of 3 ain't bad. I found 2 of the files that you asked me to > look > > > for. > > > > I did not find the MSP7 file in the .../local settings/temp/ folder. > > The > > > > files should be in the attached zip file. > > > > > > > > I tried the suggestions that Karen mentioned in her previous post. > > Still > > > > get the same "1624" error. > > > > > > > > Thanks, > > > > Dave Dixon > > > > > > > > "Isaac Rodriguez" wrote in message > > > > news:40a4ed2e_1@newsprd01... > > > > > Hi, > > > > > > > > > > Analyzing your log file, I've found that it is failing to apply the > > > > > transform to the Media table. This might be and indication of trying > > to > > > > > apply the wrong patch, but it also can be that your cached database > is > > > > > corrupted. > > > > > > > > > > See if you still have in your machine the following file: > > > > > c:\Windows\Installer\22936.msi > > > > > > > > > > This is your cached database. You may have also the follwing file > > > > > C:\DOCUME~1\hdd\LOCALS~1\Temp\MSP7 > > > > > > > > > > This is the cached version of the patch you are trying to apply. > > > > > > > > > > Also, try to find this file, it is the transform that it is > generated. > > > > > > > C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{5783F2D7-0200-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}\Civil3D.mst > > > > > > > > > > See how many of those files you can find, zip them and post them > here > > or > > > > > e-mail them to Karen. I will try to take a look at them and see what > I > > > can > > > > > find. > > > > > > > > > > Thanks, > > > > > > > > > > -- > > > > > > > > > > Isaac Rodriguez > > > > > SW Enginieer - Autodesk > > > > > ---------------------------------------- > > > > > There are 10 types of people. > > > > > Those who understand binary, > > > > > and those who don't. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > "Dave D" wrote in message > > > > news:40a13891_3@newsprd01... > > > > > > > > > > > > "Karen Dowling, Autodesk ISD Test Development @autodesk.com>" > > > > > > wrote in message > > > news:40a0e0d8$1_3@newsprd01... > > > > > > > Hi Dave, > > > > > > > We are still working on trying to figure out what the problem > is. > > > For > > > > > > what > > > > > > > it's worth, it appears to be an issue associated with your > > > environment > > > > > as > > > > > > we > > > > > > > are not seeing other customers with the issue. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ERROR_INSTALL_TRANSFORM_ FAILURE > > > > > > > 1624 Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified > > > transform > > > > > > paths > > > > > > > are valid. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I've checked at the Microsoft support site and this error is > > > included > > > > on > > > > > > > their List of Error Codes for Windows Installer Process. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > -- > > > > > > > Karen Dowling > > > > > > > Autodesk ISD QA Analyst > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Karen, > > > > > > I've attached a verbose error log file of my failed install. This > > > might > > > > > > help you pinpoint the problem. > > > > > > Dave > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report