Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't apply Service Pack 1

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
ddixon3
408 Views, 24 Replies

Can't apply Service Pack 1

I'n trying to apply SP1 to an unlocked version of Civil 3D. I receive an error "A problem prevented the Service Pack from being installed. Contact your system administrator. Error Code: 1624". I cannot get around this error to apply the Service Pack. Can anyone help me?

Dave D.
24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: ddixon3

Hi Dave, I found documentation stating that error message is often associated with an attempt to install the incorrect version of a service pack. Was your Civil Design installed as stand alone or as part of the Civil Series product? There is a service pack version for each installation type. -- Karen Dowling Autodesk ISD QA Analyst
Message 3 of 25
Anonymous

In article <409aa12b$1_2@newsprd01>, "Karen Dowling, Autodesk ISD Test Development" @autodesk.com> says... > Hi Dave, > I found documentation stating that error message is often associated with an > attempt to install the incorrect version of a service pack. > > Was your Civil Design installed as stand alone or as part of the Civil > Series product? There is a service pack version for each installation type. > > > Thanks for the response Karen. I installed Civil 3D from a network deployment that out IT guy setup for us. Now I'm trying to apply the file "C3D_2004_SP1_UL.exe" just to my local computer. Not trying to do anything fancy with the network deployment. I've actually tried both versions of the SP and get the same results.
Message 4 of 25
Anonymous

Hi Tom, When I hear network deployment, that means to me that the program files DO NOT reside on you hard drive but are being accessed from the server. The other deployment type is client deployment in which case the program files DO reside on your hard drive. Just need some clarification on your terminology, as some people mean different things when the speak of network deployment. -- Karen Dowling Autodesk ISD QA Analyst
Message 5 of 25
Anonymous

In article <409aa60c$1_3@newsprd01>, "Karen Dowling, Autodesk ISD Test Development" @autodesk.com> says... > Hi Tom, > When I hear network deployment, that means to me that the program files DO > NOT reside on you hard drive but are being accessed from the server. The > other deployment type is client deployment in which case the program files > DO reside on your hard drive. Just need some clarification on your > terminology, as some people mean different things when the speak of network > deployment. > > > Ok, all files reside on my hard drive so I guess it would be a client deployment. The install image is on our network. The license manager is also on our network. Sorry for the confusion. Dave
Message 6 of 25
Anonymous

Hi Tom, Go to Help pulldown and select About Autodesk Civil 3D and select the product information button. On the product information page, under Product Name, does it say Autodesk Land Desktop 2004 or something else? -- Karen Dowling Autodesk ISD QA Analyst
Message 7 of 25
Anonymous

In article <409aa8c9$1_2@newsprd01>, "Karen Dowling, Autodesk ISD Test Development" @autodesk.com> says... > Hi Tom, > Go to Help pulldown and select About Autodesk Civil 3D and select the > product information button. On the product information page, under Product > Name, does it say Autodesk Land Desktop 2004 or something else? > > Yes Karen, the Product information says "Autodesk Land Desktop 2004" and the product service pack is "0". Dave
Message 8 of 25
Anonymous

In article , ddixon3 @hotmail.com says... > In article <409aa8c9$1_2@newsprd01>, "Karen Dowling, Autodesk ISD Test > Development" @autodesk.com> says... > > Hi Tom, > > Go to Help pulldown and select About Autodesk Civil 3D and select the > > product information button. On the product information page, under Product > > Name, does it say Autodesk Land Desktop 2004 or something else? > > > > > Yes Karen, the Product information says "Autodesk Land Desktop 2004" and > the product service pack is "0". > > Dave > Karen, Also, when I open Land Desktop 2004 and look at the Product Information it has Service Pack 2 for the Product Service Pack. I try to keep up- to-date on the SP's. It thought it was odd that Civil 3D shows no service pack for LDT 2004. Dave
Message 9 of 25
Anonymous

In article , ddixon3 @hotmail.com says... > In article , ddixon3 > @hotmail.com says... > > In article <409aa8c9$1_2@newsprd01>, "Karen Dowling, Autodesk ISD Test > > Development" @autodesk.com> says... > > > Hi Tom, > > > Go to Help pulldown and select About Autodesk Civil 3D and select the > > > product information button. On the product information page, under Product > > > Name, does it say Autodesk Land Desktop 2004 or something else? > > > > > > > > Yes Karen, the Product information says "Autodesk Land Desktop 2004" and > > the product service pack is "0". > > > > Dave > > > Karen, > Also, when I open Land Desktop 2004 and look at the Product Information > it has Service Pack 2 for the Product Service Pack. I try to keep up- > to-date on the SP's. It thought it was odd that Civil 3D shows no > service pack for LDT 2004. > > Dave > Is there a solution to this problem?
Message 10 of 25
Anonymous

Hi Dave, Sounds like you have all the right pieces in place. I'm assuming you are logged in as admin on the system. My thoughts at this point are there is something up with the original install. Has anyone else in your group been able to install the SP? I think a repair install would be in order at this point. -- Karen Dowling Autodesk ISD QA Analyst
Message 11 of 25
Anonymous

In article <409bd174$1_3@newsprd01>, "Karen Dowling, Autodesk ISD Test Development" @autodesk.com> says... > Hi Dave, > Sounds like you have all the right pieces in place. I'm assuming you are > logged in as admin on the system. > > My thoughts at this point are there is something up with the original > install. Has anyone else in your group been able to install the SP? > > I think a repair install would be in order at this point. > > Hi Karen. Thanks a bunch for your help. I just tried to install Civil 3D and run the SP1 on another computer on our system. I received the same error message "...Error Code: 1624". I tried to apply the patch logged in as "administrator". Same results. I've also tried to uninstall and reinstall the product. Same results. We are definitely stuck at this point. We are running Windows XP Professional with the latest Windows service packs applied. Maybe letting it set over the weekend will cure the problem :-) Dave
Message 12 of 25
Anonymous

In article , ddixon3 @hotmail.com says... > In article <409bd174$1_3@newsprd01>, "Karen Dowling, Autodesk ISD Test > Development" @autodesk.com> says... > > Hi Dave, > > Sounds like you have all the right pieces in place. I'm assuming you are > > logged in as admin on the system. > > > > My thoughts at this point are there is something up with the original > > install. Has anyone else in your group been able to install the SP? > > > > I think a repair install would be in order at this point. > > > > > Hi Karen. Thanks a bunch for your help. > > I just tried to install Civil 3D and run the SP1 on another computer on > our system. I received the same error message "...Error Code: 1624". I > tried to apply the patch logged in as "administrator". Same results. > I've also tried to uninstall and reinstall the product. Same results. > We are definitely stuck at this point. We are running Windows XP > Professional with the latest Windows service packs applied. > > Maybe letting it set over the weekend will cure the problem :-) > > Dave > More information that might help. I just tried to install the SP1 in Windows "Safe Mode". I got an error message at the same point but it was different. ...Error Code: 1601. Any ideas? Dave
Message 13 of 25
Anonymous

Hi Dave, I've summoned others for input - waiting for replies. -- Karen Dowling Autodesk ISD QA Analyst
Message 14 of 25
Anonymous

Hi Dave, We are still working on trying to figure out what the problem is. For what it's worth, it appears to be an issue associated with your environment as we are not seeing other customers with the issue. ERROR_INSTALL_TRANSFORM_ FAILURE 1624 Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid. I've checked at the Microsoft support site and this error is included on their List of Error Codes for Windows Installer Process. -- Karen Dowling Autodesk ISD QA Analyst
Message 15 of 25
jwilkerson

I get the same error as well. I'm running windows 2000.
Message 16 of 25
Anonymous

In article <40a0e0d8$1_3@newsprd01>, "Karen Dowling, Autodesk ISD Test Development" @autodesk.com> says... > Hi Dave, > We are still working on trying to figure out what the problem is. For what > it's worth, it appears to be an issue associated with your environment as we > are not seeing other customers with the issue. > > ERROR_INSTALL_TRANSFORM_ FAILURE > 1624 Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths > are valid. > > I've checked at the Microsoft support site and this error is included on > their List of Error Codes for Windows Installer Process. > > Hi Karen, Yes, I was able to extract the .msp patch file from the .exe file using the "/e" switch this morning and I received that same error message "Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid." I don't believe we did anything out of the ordinary when we installed the client deployment to our network. Pretty much just took the defaults. Ok, thanks again for working on this issue for me. Dave Dixon Clark Nexsen, Architecture & Engineering Norfolk, VA USA
Message 17 of 25
Anonymous

"Karen Dowling, Autodesk ISD Test Development @autodesk.com>" wrote in message news:40a0e0d8$1_3@newsprd01... > Hi Dave, > We are still working on trying to figure out what the problem is. For what > it's worth, it appears to be an issue associated with your environment as we > are not seeing other customers with the issue. > > ERROR_INSTALL_TRANSFORM_ FAILURE > 1624 Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths > are valid. > > I've checked at the Microsoft support site and this error is included on > their List of Error Codes for Windows Installer Process. > > -- > Karen Dowling > Autodesk ISD QA Analyst > > > > > > Karen, I've attached a verbose error log file of my failed install. This might help you pinpoint the problem. Dave Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "MSI9eff2.LOG"
Message 18 of 25
Anonymous

Hi Dave, Suggestions I've received, - Try updating the Windows installer service - Check the %TEMP% environment - is it defined on the machine? - Do you have access to the temp folder? - Do you have access to the original install location? Is the image still on the server? -- Karen Dowling Autodesk ISD QA Analyst
Message 19 of 25
Anonymous

Hi, Analyzing your log file, I've found that it is failing to apply the transform to the Media table. This might be and indication of trying to apply the wrong patch, but it also can be that your cached database is corrupted. See if you still have in your machine the following file: c:\Windows\Installer\22936.msi This is your cached database. You may have also the follwing file C:\DOCUME~1\hdd\LOCALS~1\Temp\MSP7 This is the cached version of the patch you are trying to apply. Also, try to find this file, it is the transform that it is generated. C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{5783F2D7-0200-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}\Civil3D.mst See how many of those files you can find, zip them and post them here or e-mail them to Karen. I will try to take a look at them and see what I can find. Thanks, -- Isaac Rodriguez SW Enginieer - Autodesk ---------------------------------------- There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary, and those who don't. "Dave D" wrote in message news:40a13891_3@newsprd01... > > "Karen Dowling, Autodesk ISD Test Development @autodesk.com>" > wrote in message news:40a0e0d8$1_3@newsprd01... > > Hi Dave, > > We are still working on trying to figure out what the problem is. For > what > > it's worth, it appears to be an issue associated with your environment as > we > > are not seeing other customers with the issue. > > > > ERROR_INSTALL_TRANSFORM_ FAILURE > > 1624 Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform > paths > > are valid. > > > > I've checked at the Microsoft support site and this error is included on > > their List of Error Codes for Windows Installer Process. > > > > -- > > Karen Dowling > > Autodesk ISD QA Analyst > > > > > > > > > > > > > Karen, > I've attached a verbose error log file of my failed install. This might > help you pinpoint the problem. > Dave > > >
Message 20 of 25
Anonymous

Hi Karen, I've run through your list of suggestions. Here's what I've come up with: - I believe I have the latest Windows installer service installed. Version 2 running on Windows XP Service Pack 1. - The %TEMP% variable is defined. I can access it from the Windows command line. - I do have administrator permissions to my TEMP folder. c:\documents and settings\hdd\local settings\temp\ - I do have all permissions (except FULL CONTROL) to the original install location on our server. The image still exists in it's original location. I will upload the files that Issac suggests in his post. Thanks, Dave "Karen Dowling, Autodesk ISD Test Development @autodesk.com>" wrote in message news:40a3da83$1_2@newsprd01... > Hi Dave, > Suggestions I've received, > - Try updating the Windows installer service > - Check the %TEMP% environment - is it defined on the machine? > - Do you have access to the temp folder? > - Do you have access to the original install location? Is the image still on > the server? > -- > Karen Dowling > Autodesk ISD QA Analyst > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report