Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Delete Viewport

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
tsurvey
8735 Views, 11 Replies

Can't Delete Viewport

On the layout page I have several viewports. 2 of my viewport borders are not visible. I can not pick them, property them, delete them, or manipulate them in any way. When I activate them as "model space" view, I can work in the model space but the border still does not become visible. I only know where the border is by the truncated drawing. Is there any way to correct this problem?

Before I get the usual "turn on your layer" responses: ALL of my layers are thawed, ALL of my layers are on. I am running Civil 3D LDD Companion but have had this "glitch" on previous versions. I seem to remember the only answer is delete layout and start a new layout from scratch. Tell me this is not so!!
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: tsurvey

It is not so. But, I don't recall the fix. If you could make a copy of your
drawing and delete out most of the actual drawing objects, leaving the
viewports alone, and send it to me I'll have a look. That should jog my
memory and I can then share it with you.

Jeff
miff AT sonic DOT net

"tsurvey" wrote in message news:6233951@discussion.autodesk.com...
Tell me this is not so!!
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

Can you copy the objects in the funky layout to a new one leaving behind the
bad VP & then delete said funky layout?

--
John Mayo, PE

Core i7 920 6GB DDR3
Radeon 4870HD 1 GB
Vista64
Message 4 of 12
wdbar

I've seen this problem twice.

My work around was to select similar or use the filter to select all viewports, then use the erase command and remove the ones you want to save out of the selection set.

You may be able to copy the viewport (via the filter) and the outline may end appearing. This is a guess though.
Message 5 of 12
arweed

I had the same problem ( I think).  I hovered over the viewport edge (that I could not see) till the popup said viewport them clicked, then erased.  I had to do this 3 timestill it erased my viewport the undid the last erase command and put the viewport on its own layer.  I have viewports matching my ps border for easy scaling reasons.  I must have originally had the viewports on the same layer as my border.  One was on its own layer and a different color but I did nor realize that the other two were under that one.  So, I had to erase those.  I gues I could done some draw order functions but this seemed to work.

Al

Message 6 of 12
EJMartinez

I had just experienced this using while editing an old drawing. I could not figure out how to delete the view port. the border around the view port was not displaying. But i looked for what layer the viewport was on and i turned the light bulb on on that layer. and the border aroung the view port appeared. I am not sure how yours is not displaying but this solved my solution.

attached are images

Message 7 of 12
doni49
in reply to: EJMartinez

1) I'm hoping the OP was able to resolve his issue in the 5 years since posting.  🙂

2) The OP accounted for the layer thaw status -- ALL on/thawed.

3) This is a known isuse that has been reported frequently do a search for "HIDDEN VIEWPORT".  There are a number threads on the subject which result in a lisp routine that when run will restore the VP's visibility.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 8 of 12
ucruz3

What I did with this problem is I CTRL+A in Paper space then Shift Select my required Viewport to unselect and then HIT Delete! Voila! Sh!#ts GONE!

Message 9 of 12
bes53
in reply to: ucruz3

THANKS!!

Message 10 of 12
diegowitte
in reply to: ucruz3

This worked for me!!!! =D

Message 11 of 12
jmayo-EE

Still an issue in 2020. I have two files, separate projects with the issue. CRTL+A and shift deselect does not work.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 12 of 12
PKINGSTON
in reply to: jmayo-EE

The attached has only the invisible viewports in the top left hand corner. Double click until the two viewports are seen.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report