Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not get daylight link to show

28 REPLIES 28
Message 1 of 29
gbop
905 Views, 28 Replies

Can not get daylight link to show

I have a corridor with conditional assembly for all 200 sections. One conditions which stretches 200 feet I can not get the daylight link to show in the sections. Any suggestions?

28 REPLIES 28
Message 21 of 29
gbop
in reply to: Ed.McGriskin

Thank you so very much. some of the questions you asked my may help me to trouble shoot the problem.

Message 22 of 29
Ed.McGriskin
in reply to: gbop

Actually, one last question. Which conditional assembly are you using? 

Ed McGriskin, P.Eng.
Project Engineer @ HUSSON
Remember to accept the solution so others can find the solution also.
Message 23 of 29
Jay_B

If this is limited to a single "Region" of your corridor take a good look at your Targets etc. within that region.

Also be sure to view the Panorama and work through any errors that may exist such as targets not found when rebuilding the Corridor.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 24 of 29
nilesh33

hi, If you can try to Remove multiple sections and plot them again. Also check code set style in section style. Otherwise change codes for the same subassembly in its properties and then try. As we can see link in section editor, problem may be in code or sections.
Message 25 of 29
gbop
in reply to: Ed.McGriskin

ConditionalCutOrFill

Message 26 of 29
Ed.McGriskin

I think Jay_B has the right idea with double checking the panorama for errors.

Also, double checking the setting in the conditional. I believe it has a minimum and maximum width setting. If the solution falls outside of this range the link won't show up. This will show up in the panorama as an error as well. 

Ed McGriskin, P.Eng.
Project Engineer @ HUSSON
Remember to accept the solution so others can find the solution also.
Message 27 of 29
david.zavislan

If a link is not displaying in section view, I would look at the link code names assigned to the daylight link subassembly, and the link styles assigned to that code name in the code set assigned to the section view.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 28 of 29
doni49

Earlier in the thread,you showed a screen shot of a cross section that failed -- what was that station?  Can you take a screen shot of THAT section within the section editor (since you said it works in the editor)?  And zoom out some.

Also using the actual cross section, draw a line at 3:1 to show us where it should be daylighting.  Give us a screenshot of that too.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 29 of 29
doni49
in reply to: doni49

Also:  is this section actually taken at a station where an assemply has been show?  Or is this section BETWEEN assembly insertions?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report