Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Not Get Points and Labels to Rotate Properly

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
680 Views, 2 Replies

Can Not Get Points and Labels to Rotate Properly

I am trying to create points and labels that rotate with the view without issue. In Civil 3D 2012, I have no trouble rotating the point but the text will not rotate with it even when the behavior is set to view. In Civil 3D 2011, they both rotate but they do not allign properly with the view.

I noticed that when I go to summary under the Label Style Composer and expand the Behavior column, the Orientation Reference for World Coordinate System is always checked, and when I try to uncheck the box it automatically snaps to object. It would seem that autocad will not allow me to make this change.

Any ideas on how I can get the points and labels to rotate together properly in either version?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sfore
in reply to: Anonymous

Just a shot in the dark without fully understanding your issue with your settings not saving when you set them.  Go to your Ambient settings, General and toggle 'Save Command Changes to Settings' to Yes.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I was getting excited but unfortunately it did not work. It almost seems to be some sort of bug within autocad. I'm just wondering now if anybody else has worked with points and labels in 3d orbit views and have had the same issue?

Thanks for the suggestion.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report