Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I rename alignments

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
CelsoBarroca
201 Views, 4 Replies

Can I rename alignments

I want to rename alignments, how can i do it?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: CelsoBarroca

Are you in C3D or in LDT? Assuming C3D, right click on the alignment, pull up properties, and edit the Name Field on the first tab. -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 LDT2004+C3D
Message 3 of 5
CelsoBarroca

Hello James.
I'm working with LDD3
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Well, that's a completely different question, isn't it. In LDT, it's not enarly so easy. Switch over to the LDT newsgroup and do a search for rename alignments. I think most people advocate simply redefining the alignment, but you can do database edits directly, or there are some routines out there that claim to handle it. SInce I've not used any of them, I can't vouch for their effectiveness at the task. HTH! -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 LDT2004+C3D
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

couldn't you export the alignment using XML, do a find and replace on the alignment name and then reimport the xml data? I've never actually tried this, but it sounds good in theory =) Mark Scacco "James Wedding" wrote in message news:400e9001$1_3@newsprd01... > Well, that's a completely different question, isn't it. > > In LDT, it's not enarly so easy. Switch over to the LDT newsgroup and do a > search for rename alignments. I think most people advocate simply redefining > the alignment, but you can do database edits directly, or there are some > routines out there that claim to handle it. SInce I've not used any of them, > I can't vouch for their effectiveness at the task. > > HTH! > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > IT Manager > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 > LDT2004+C3D > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report