Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get a grading to NOT radius out in a Corner

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bayertan
383 Views, 3 Replies

Can I get a grading to NOT radius out in a Corner

Can I get a grading to NOT radius out in a corner? (must suface jointing to corner)

I'm grading this excation site from 1:1 slope. I use "grade to elevation" but I don't want the corner to fillet. I need the grading to fill in to the retaining wall (white line). I tried using infill but I can't get the fill slope display to show up. Possible?  Best Regards.

grading.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: bayertan

I think you will need to do two grading objects, that each start/stop at the interior corner. Then add a feature line along the retaining wall corner with a 0% grade (just make sure the PVI isn't el.0, the start and stop should snap the the grading elevation). 

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 3 of 4
doni49

bayertan,

Welcome to the forum!  I thought I'd expand on what Kati said -- just  a little bit.

The reason you're having trouble getting it to work so far is that you've told it to go from your featureline at a specific slope to a specific elevation.  Given those two parameters, it HAS to do as you've shown.

Kati's solution will fill in the space between this slope and the wall.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 4
Neilw_05

Simple answer: no, grading objects will NOT create mitered corners. It's been one of my complaints since day 1. Your only recourse is a manual (=not dynamic) solution.
Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report