Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create a table from alignment labels?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
rhdins
1383 Views, 7 Replies

Can I create a table from alignment labels?

I have some alignment labels, with STA, OFF and ELEV.  Can I create a table from these labels?

I want to be able to create a table that will update as I change the design.  Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rhdins
in reply to: rhdins

Or if there is another way to create a table with Station Offset and Elevation, linked to labels or points, I would really appreciate it.  Thanks!

Message 3 of 8
rhdins

No one?  This would really help me out.  Specifically what I want to do is label the front and back of walk at driveways along a road, and then put this into a table with Station Offset and Elevation.  Any ideas?

Message 4 of 8
Jeff_M

This can be done with 3rd party help. With SincpacC3D points can be dynamically linked to alignments and with the points set to use User Defined Properties for the Station & Offset, these could be placed in a table. Here is a short video demonstrating this:

http://www.quuxsoft.com/videos/DynamicStaOffTable.aspx

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 8
rhdins
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks, that would be nice.  Unfortunately I need to be able to do it within C3D.

Is there a way to add station and offset labels to a table at all?

Message 6 of 8
Sinc

The Sincpac-C3D runs inside of Civil 3D and operates entirely on C3D entities.  In effect, all the Sincpac-C3D is doing is automating the population of the UDPs that contain the Station and Offset.

You can do something similar without the Sincpac-C3D, but it is not dynamic.  It involves creating a Station/Offset report from C3D, then applying any desired cleanup/tweaking in Excel, and reimporting the data as Cogo Points, and using those results to create your table.  If anything changes in your design, repeat the export/import process.

Sinc
Message 7 of 8
mlouis

A college of mine said....

Don't use a bunch of STA/OFFSET LABELS or POINTS.......use "structures" in a PIPE NETWORK instead.
Did you know that "structures" in a PIPE NETWORK dynamically reference alignments?

Here's the steps:
#1) Create a "new structure style" that's empty
#2) Add a bunch of STRUCTURES all over the place.
#3) Create a DYNAMIC TABLE with Station Offsets and select those structures
#4) Move any structure....and the table will automatically update the station offsets.

Sure, that might be difficult to do......and sure you can XREF and share LABELS or POINTS......but instead of XREF'n......you can SHARE a PIPE NETWORK using a DATA SHORTCUT, and create a separate DYNAMIC TABLE. WOW!

Gotta love technology.

Message 8 of 8
josephbouza5497
in reply to: mlouis

Sounds good to me. Smiley Wink

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report