Need to identify areas of 100sf or less within slopes exceeding 40%. Is there a simple way to identify this within C3D?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Not sure this is simple....
1. Apply a style to the surface that displays the Slope components as 2D Faces.
2. Edit the surface properties and apply a slope analysis with a single range: 40% - 1000000000%
3. Use the SurfaceExtractObejcts command to extract the slope 2D Faces from the surface.
4. Convert these to closed polyline areas with the LINEWORKSHRINKWRAP command. It will be easier if all the other layers are turned off first.
5. The final piece can be accomplished with a Map 3D drawing query for all polylines with an area less than or equal to 100. Or, you could use the Quick Select command to select all of the polylines with an area property > 100.001.
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register