Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUT FILL CONTOURS

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jnjhuz
1028 Views, 7 Replies

CUT FILL CONTOURS

IS THERE A WAY TO MAKE CONTOURS THAT ARE GREEN THE CUT AREAS AND RED IN THE FILL?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
neilyj666
in reply to: jnjhuz

There certainly is.....assuming you are using a volume surface

Go to surface Properties and change analysis to Contours, 2 ranges and set values/colours/linetype manually to suit and Apply

2013-05-17 08_27_27-AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 - [WSP VS IHB.dwg [Civil]].jpg

Then go to Surface Style and edit Contour Ranges > Set Colour Scheme > True. If using 2014 beware of the "software feature as designed" that means you will have to redo the contours colour/interval etc after a rebuild. This "feature" dies not affect releases prior to 2014...Smiley Frustrated

2013-05-17 08_30_03-AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 - [WSP VS IHB.dwg [Civil]].jpg

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 8
troma
in reply to: neilyj666

I've never done this, but I think I would want three ranges, not two. I would want one in the middle, with just the zero contour. This way you can make the zero contour plot black (or blue, or whatever you want).
How does the 0.00m contour plot when you have it included in both ranges?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 4 of 8
mathewkol
in reply to: troma

If there are 2 ranges and 0 is the end of the first one and the beginning of the second, the colour is based on the first (top) entry within the analysis.  At least, that's how it works in my experience.  If you want the 0 contour a different colour, then yes, 3 ranges would be prudent.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 5 of 8
neilyj666
in reply to: mathewkol

Agreed - make a centre range (say -0.05 +0.05) and another line colour. Although to be fair the OP did ask for red and green, if the contours are labelled then the 0 contour colour isn't perhaps as important??

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 6 of 8
troma

I'm more along the lines of asking for advice than giving it in this conversation. It's something I've thought of doing, never done it. Thanks for confirming my suspicions!

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 7 of 8
jnjhuz
in reply to: troma

I don't know I've never done it, but I think I know what you mean.
Message 8 of 8
jnjhuz

Thanks, I'm going to try this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report