Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUI Attempts gone awry

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
576 Views, 4 Replies

CUI Attempts gone awry

I have been customizing my Workspsace with some success, BUT...  I lost the images on most of the buttons on the tabs.  I am having poor success in replacing them.  I have managed to replace some of them, but others just will not attach to the button.  Any tips on how to proceed.  I have no hope of restoring the originals without re-installing Civil 3D.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
andrewpuller3811
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you create a new cuix file?

if so you need to have an icon file named the same as your new cuix file.

The original set up uses a cuix file C3D.cuix and has a dll file with the civil 3d icons called C3D.dll.

It you make a new cuix file then you need to copy the C3D.dll file and name it the same as your new cuix file.

For example, we have a company cuix called MCC2011.CUIX and we copy the C3D.dll as MCC2011.DLL.

This is all done in the folder referenced under Customization Files in Civil 3d's options dialogue.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 3 of 5
Sinc

There's a reason we call it the "CUCry"...  Smiley Tongue

Here's a recent thread on the topic:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/CLOUDS-and-QUESTION-MARKS-C3D-2010/td-p/2875686

Sinc
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Sinc

I have another name for the CUCry but it is not something I can post on a public forum.  I think you get my drift.

Thanks to both of you for the advice.  I spent my entire Presidents Day trying to get this worked out.  I had some successes, but more failures.  I would get one thing corrected and something else would go haywire.  This all started when I tried working with an old drawing.  Things went downhill from  there.  I will keep plugging away.  Is it just me, or does anyone else think the Help section is totally inadequate for anything other than the simplest problems.  It is a good thing this forum is out there.

Jim

Message 5 of 5
elaine3051

Totally agree that Help is basically useless. God forbid if you need to search for even a basic command. The CUI is basically confusing and illogical. Totally interferes with production. Autodesk needs to do a much better jiob of explaining how to use the CUI. I am beyond frustrated and have been fighting this Bear for two years. Every now and then I just do a clean reinstall and give the hell up. Everytime I am so hopeful that I will figure it out.

Hasn't happened.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report