Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTB from Microstation pen table?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
eladkcem
3116 Views, 2 Replies

CTB from Microstation pen table?

Has anybody had any success creating a CTB file to mimic a Microstation pen table? I have a client supplied *.tbl (an intergraph pen table file I believe) and I need to figure out how to generate a CTB that will behave similarly (ie. plot nearly the same)...  any suggestions?

I can open the *.tbl file in a text editor and it just looks like a bunch of "if, then" statements related to line weights and pattern files....

I have already created a template with the same layers/levels, colors, linewights, etc... (and can convert everything to dgns), but now I need to figure out how to get similar plotted results from both sets of drawings (the dwg and the dgn..)

thanks,

-d

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

MicroStation uses 2 files to control plotting; a pltcfg file which controls the plotting of lineweights and the output file format (postscript, etc) or device, the tbl file is used for things like text substitution and turning levels on and off, turning on/off fills.

MicroStation plotting is more like stb than ctb plotting so I really can't help you much further creating ctb.

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer
Message 3 of 3

Thanks Michael,

Knowing there are other files I need to look in is very helpful! I do have a *.cfg file which does appear to include more information than the *.tbl file. Once again I can open it with a basic text editor... now to see if I can figure out what it says and whether I can create a ctb from it... (manually I guess... *sigh*)

-d

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report