AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Contributor
JEREMIAHM
Message 1 of 3 (71 Views)

CS Conversion while importing DEM

71 Views, 2 Replies
09-13-2004 09:19 AM
I am importing a DEM file using the new civil tools in Map 2005 (same as Civil 3Dusing the import DEM command. I expand my civil workspace to DEM Files, right-click, and choose add. Then I pick my DEM file and set my coordinate system. When I click OK I get the attached message:

Also, I have tried starting a new surface. If i create a new surface and set all of the settings mentioned above, I click OK and nothing happens, just leaves me with no DEM data.

No on in the Map NG has replied so i am wondering if any of you have any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeremiah
Contributor
Karla Leighton
Message 2 of 3 (71 Views)

Re: CS Conversion while importing DEM

10-08-2004 02:52 PM in reply to: JEREMIAHM
Hi,
Are you trying to add the DEM to a Grid surface or a TIN surface?
Try adding it to a TIN surface if you haven't.

This is from the 2004 readme (which would apply to Map 3D):
DEM Files Cannot Be Transformed for Grid Surfaces

To perform a coordinate transformation on a DEM file, include the DEM file as part of the surface definition data for a TIN surface. When you add the DEM file, you can specify the DEM file's coordinate system. If different than the drawing's coordinate system, a transformation of the coordinates is performed.
If you include a DEM file as part of a Grid surface definition, its coordinate system must match that of the drawing, or it cannot be added.

-Karla Leighton
Autodesk Technical Publications
Contributor
JEREMIAHM
Message 3 of 3 (71 Views)

Re: CS Conversion while importing DEM

01-04-2005 06:45 PM in reply to: JEREMIAHM
I am only using Map 3D, not land desktop.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs