Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREATING TANGENT CURVES IN C3D 2011

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
PAULNICCOLLS7535
324 Views, 1 Reply

CREATING TANGENT CURVES IN C3D 2011

I am used to drafting surveys using Eagle Point Coordinate Geometry & Boundary Survey & I am now moving over to C3D, & I am trying to reproduce a boundary survey in C3D 2010, when it comes to Tangent & Non Tangent curves there does not appear to be any routine that allows you to create them in logical sequece or otherwise from the geometrical info provided on paper maps i.e. Radius, Delta Angle  & Length, are there any survey techs on here that have been able to resolve this issue? if so please assist, Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jay_B
in reply to: PAULNICCOLLS7535

Welcome to the forum, I'm also a former Eagle Point user. Take a look at the Lines and curves commands and you'll find what your looking for. The nice thing about these tools is you can draw boundary surveys or plats without having to have them be C3d "Parcels" which have their place but sometimes you may just want to use Cogo commands to draw the linework and keep things simple and that's what the Lines and Curves do. These can also be found on the Transparent commands toolbar and are nearly identical but there are small differences between the resulting linework. Transparent toolbar commands also only work while in a command. If I remember correctly the Draw Curve from end of line command is almost identical ti EP draw curve tangent command.
http://docs.autodesk.com/CIVIL/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%20Civil%202010%20User%20Documentation/index.html?url...
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report