Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COORDINATE CONVERSION

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
CADEngr2014
1281 Views, 1 Reply

COORDINATE CONVERSION

Hello,

I am using Civil 3D 2014.

I have a drawing file drafted correctly in feet, State Plane Coordinates.  I need to convert the coordinate system to a UTM NAD83 coordinate in meters.  If I am using MAP3D functionality in Civil 3D to translate to the new coordinate system, does that transformation also scale the units from feet to meters or do I have to do that first?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mfernandes
in reply to: CADEngr2014

Drawing A set to imperial units

Drawing B set to metric units,

Yes, I believe it does.....on all AutoCAD objects imported from drawing A into drawing B.

On C3D objects it is a different story

I just tested on an alignment

copy to clip board and past from A to B  - does not convert imperial to metric

from A create a datashortcut then from B data reference - does not workSmiley Surprised

In drawing B xref drawing A, it works, converts to metric distance

In drawing B insert and explode, it works

What surprised me is that the data reference workflow did not work.

Which is different than survey data base. Survey data base works beautifully in this regard.

I can have my survey database in a different units or zone and during import into a drawing if the zone and units are set, it does the conversion.

They may have been an error in my testing, so use at your own risk.

also note, I only tested on distance conversion, but noticed that other properties did not convert example 60mi/hr in the imperial drawing was 60km/hr

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report