AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

*Dave D
Message 1 of 12 (81 Views)

COGO Pts along CL

81 Views, 11 Replies
12-23-2004 01:19 PM
How can I insert COGO points along the CL of an alignment? I've designed my vertical in the profile view. Now I would like to see spots every 25' in plan view. I see all codes except CL or crown. ETW, sidewalk, daylight, etc...
Employee
nzeeben
Message 2 of 12 (81 Views)

Re: COGO Pts along CL

12-23-2004 01:44 PM in reply to: *Dave D
Depending on which sub assemblies you used you may be looking for ETW instead of crown or CL. The median flush subassembly places a crown coded point, the lane assemblies for the most part place a ETW coded point. If you right click on the subassembly tool and look at help it will have a diagram showing how the coding is taking place.
*Dave D
Message 3 of 12 (81 Views)

12-29-2004 02:13 PM in reply to: *Dave D
that's not good. Guess I'll have to convert back to LDT. Grrrrrrrrr.... "nzeeben" wrote in message news:30852785.1103838280684.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Depending on which sub assemblies you used you may be looking for ETW > instead of crown or CL. The median flush subassembly places a crown coded > point, the lane assemblies for the most part place a ETW coded point.
Distinguished Contributor
apweng
Message 4 of 12 (81 Views)

12-30-2004 08:00 AM in reply to: *Dave D
There are some options under the Create Points command to do thi. You can place points on alignment points of curvature and also by measuring/dividing an alignment. If your alignment starts at a whole station location, then you should be able to locate points at other whole station locations using the measure option.

Define EP alignments etc. if you want to set points on those using the same method.

If you create a corridor, then you can export corridor points (cross section) to Cogo points.

Andrew
*wfb
Message 5 of 12 (81 Views)

12-30-2004 10:16 AM in reply to: *Dave D
Andrew, are you associated with AutoDesk? You are hiding behind your email address. Bill "apweng" wrote in message news:6749152.1104422462858.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > There are some options under the Create Points command to do thi. You can place points on alignment points of curvature and also by measuring/dividing an alignment. If your alignment starts at a whole station location, then you should be able to locate points at other whole station locations using the measure option. WILL these points have elevations? I think this is the goal! > > Define EP alignments etc. if you want to set points on those using the same method. Will the stations along the EP be perpendicular to the same stations along the centerline? > If you create a corridor, then you can export corridor points (cross section) to Cogo points. > > Andrew
apweng
Message 6 of 12 (81 Views)

12-30-2004 10:33 AM in reply to: *Dave D
You could say that I am associated with Autodesk in that I work with their products.

Points at cross section locations, with elevations, can be exported from a corridor model. And yes, the corridor model is built by assigning a typical section (assembly) such that they are perpendicular to the direction of the alignment. Therefore offset locations of EP points etc. reference CL stationing.

Andrew
*wfb
Message 7 of 12 (81 Views)

12-30-2004 11:52 AM in reply to: *Dave D
Andrew: Please re-read my question. I didn't ask about corridor or cross section elevations. My questions follow your remarks. Have a nice & happy New Year. Bill "apweng" wrote in message news:26181072.1104431634843.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > You could say that I am associated with Autodesk in that I work with their products. > > Points at cross section locations, with elevations, can be exported from a corridor model. And yes, the corridor model is built by assigning a typical section (assembly) such that they are perpendicular to the direction of the alignment. Therefore offset locations of EP points etc. reference CL stationing. > > Andrew
apweng
Message 8 of 12 (81 Views)

12-30-2004 12:11 PM in reply to: *Dave D
Thanks Bill - yourself a safe and happy new years as well.

Are you wanting to set points on existing features at perpendicular cross section locations?
*wfb
Message 9 of 12 (81 Views)

12-30-2004 03:29 PM in reply to: *Dave D
Not now, I'm just trying to gather all the info this 6 decade body can handle. Bill "apweng" wrote in message news:23008207.1104437531713.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Thanks Bill - yourself a safe and happy new years as well. > > Are you wanting to set points on existing features at perpendicular cross section locations?
*Dave D
Message 10 of 12 (81 Views)

01-03-2005 01:55 PM in reply to: *Dave D
""...If you create a corridor, then you can export corridor points (cross section) to Cogo points."" Yes, but you cannot export CL points like you can in LDT. The measure along alignment command does not allow you to pull elevation from a DTM or Corridor surface either. So guess I'm still stuck. "apweng" wrote in message news:6749152.1104422462858.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > There are some options under the Create Points command to do thi. You can > place points on alignment points of curvature and also by > measuring/dividing an alignment. If your alignment starts at a whole > station location, then you should be able to locate points at other whole > station locations using the measure option. > > Define EP alignments etc. if you want to set points on those using the > same method. > > If you create a corridor, then you can export corridor points (cross > section) to Cogo points. > > Andrew
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.