AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Bill2X
Message 1 of 4 (811 Views)
Accepted Solution

COGO Points not Visible in Model Tab

811 Views, 3 Replies
09-19-2011 04:33 PM

There I was, fooling around in the CUI window adding panels to my Home ribbon, then when I was through, I noticed all my points disappeared.  Trying to figure out what went wrong, I learned;
1. my points are not missing, just not visible in the model tab.  They exist, they show up in toolspace>points, and in layout views.
2. they are as if they are on a frozen layer.  I can't see them and I can't select them with a cursor window, but I can select them with qselect, which I know they are selected because it tells me so on the command line.
3.  not all points are gone from sight in the model tab, just the ones which were on and thawed while I was tinkering with CUI.
If it was vice-versa, i.e. I could see them in the model but not in a viewport I could blame it on viewport freeze, but not so.  I messed with PDMODE and PDSIZE, of course to no avail.
I am working in Civil 3D 2010 and more than a little baffled.

Thanks,

Bill     

*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 2 of 4 (792 Views)

Re: COGO Points not Visible in Model Tab

09-20-2011 05:08 AM in reply to: Bill2X

Just a couple of guesses. Make sure your point groups are in the expected order in the Toolspace. It's possible that one with no display was shifted to the top. Go through you're point styles to make sure that the points are still set to display in the model.

If you can't figure it out you could try inserting the drawing in a fresh drawing create from your template.

Allen

Bill2X
Message 3 of 4 (777 Views)

09-20-2011 12:13 PM in reply to: AllenJessup

Bingo.  In point style I had the visibility turned off.  I love it when the answer's simple, but I hate it when it I don't see it.

Thank you very much, Allen.

*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 4 of 4 (773 Views)

09-20-2011 12:20 PM in reply to: Bill2X

Glad it helped. I just learn from my own mistakes.

Allen

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs