Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLEARING TAG LABELS

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bcsurvey
1942 Views, 3 Replies

CLEARING TAG LABELS

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, why is this not simpler than it is?  I worked this out with C3D back in the day but for some reason I can't figure out how to renumber line tag label designations.  What's making it tougher is that I need to create the tags in a block and try to create the line table OUTSIDE the block (this is so that I can have the block rotated to a deed bearing with dynamic labels in the block while retaining it's true orientation from state plane coordinates in model space).  I have an old lisp file CLEARTAGS.lsp but this is not helping.  Perhaps this was made for 2010 or earlier.  When I save the block, it jumps all the tag numbering way up for some reason.  I'm dyin here.

-Ryan

Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rl_jackson
in reply to: bcsurvey

Assuming that your using parcels, go into the Annotatiion, Tabel settings and set the label number back to 1 or whatever you need it to be, and commence the process of picking and renumbering.

As far as getting a plat bearing and keep things in state plane coords, the only solution I can think of there is that your doing a north rotation in the transforms tab. I've not have the luxury of performing that one in C3D, as I just rotate to plat and dont worry about SPC (Unless required by municipal review). Once you do a transform it changes the info, and your no longer in SPC anyway (to an extent). Pick a Basis of Bearing and stick with it, if you need to return to the field, use your local (rotated) system and localize to that. (This is under the assumption that your not survey 10's of miles of subdivision)

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
bcsurvey

Thanks for the reply.

When I go to the Annotations Ribbon (I assume that's what you meant) I don't see a Table Settings.  I'm on C3D 2012.  But I can go to Add Labels, choose Line and Curve features, and then there's a tab at the bottom for Table Tag Numbering.  This is where I went to reset the numbering back to "1".  Then, in the block editor, I was able to select each tag, which invoked a contextual ribbon that contained an option to renumber tags.  This would then prompt on Command Line something like "Tag number exists.  Create duplicate?"  Hitting "C" for create duplicate and enter changed the appearance of tag to 1, and this can be duplicated for the other tags, being sequentially renumbered.  What I learned was that when you SAVE the block after doing this, the tag numbers automatically jump up to what the next number would be as if you'd never changed the tag number settings in the Add Labels box. 

HOWEVER, if you exit the block editor without doing anything else after saving, in model space the tag numbers are what you changed them to within the block editor, which was a big plus as this provides a workaround.  The screwy thing is that, in the block editor, if you keep hitting Save Block, the tag numbers jump up each time by an amount equal to the number of tags you have.  I'm guessing that the block editor environment creates it's own little world of tag numbering somehow.

As for the state plane to deed/plat bearing, we needed to display the SPC in case future surveyors need to recover some of the control points, but we're holding the bearing reference from a survey which references the deed book/ORB (the reference bearing is not part of the deed, but IS within the same bearing structure - part of the same survey).  I've used the transform capabilities of C3D in the past and it is very useful for taking pure local coordinates and moving them to SPC.  But for what we're doing, it just seemed simpler to create a block of the property lines, label them dynamically in the block editor, rotate to desired orientation (in block editor), then in model space rotate BACK the same amount to agree with SPC.  The block then displays bearing according to its orientation in the block editor, which will be unchanged when rotated in model space.  The down side of this is that any parcels you create within the network must be treated in the same way - made into a block, labeled and rotated in block editor, then rotated BACK the same amount in model space.  If I had more than 2 parcels, I might just display the coordinate labels in their own viewports so they appear to point to the desired points in the layout OR include the parcels in the original property line block, which would be a cluster*#@k when it came to editing.

Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Message 4 of 4
rl_jackson

I would say that what you should do is rotate to your deed/plat bearing and then do a transform to get it to grid information. Thats the whole purpose of it. (at that point I would almost say place your site on a local grid (5000.5000) that way there's no confusion of coordinates between local and grid.

Now I understand were your coming from with regards to keeping the site in SPC, but in you case you cant have the cake and eat it to. Either you place the site in SPC or your use a local.

Now that being said you could have a drawing for the plat that is rotated and one that is not rotated if you like there's nothing looking you into a single drawing.

Or better yet you could take you plat and rotate it to the bearing base you need and then xref that into a drawing that is SPC, this should keep the bearings and distances as you want them to be with out being a block in the source drawing

Just giving some ideas here.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report