Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIVIL3D-SURVEY DATABASE FUNCTIONALITY

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
CADEngr2014
735 Views, 4 Replies

CIVIL3D-SURVEY DATABASE FUNCTIONALITY

Hello,

I am using Civil 3D 2014.

I am an experienced user of the software but do not use the survey tools at all.  I need to have a point database that I can reference into sheets with different scales and have the option to toggle off/on certain points in each sheet as needed.  I believe the survey tools and database concepts are what I want to have for the above described functionality.  Can someone confirm if my suspiciaon is correct before I spend hours trying to figure this out?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rl_jackson
in reply to: CADEngr2014

You can use a SDB in multiple drawings (not really a reference like data shortcuts). But I think your going to need point groups or description keys to achieve most of you goal.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
sboon

I use the survey database for sharing control data and certain points across large projects with multiple drawings.  In the example project I'm thinking of I have two Existing Baseplan drawings, each with a year of field survey work across the project region.  When those drawings were essentially complete I used an import event to copy all of the points into a survey database.

I wanted to display and build tables for the control points which may fall within each of my final sheet drawings and I need to display some other points there.  I can sort the database points by description then select and insert all of the control to the drawing.  I then delete the ones which are outside my area of interest and proceed from there.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 4 of 5
CADEngr2014
in reply to: rl_jackson

Are description keys particularly difficult to work with?
Message 5 of 5
rl_jackson

Desc_Keys.png

Examples of Description Keys which insert the symbol (point style) and place the point on a specific layer which is always displayed (unless turned off).

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report