Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIVIL 3D 2015 MAJOR ISSUES & SOLUTIONS

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
BANI_INDICA
2702 Views, 12 Replies

CIVIL 3D 2015 MAJOR ISSUES & SOLUTIONS

HI THIS IS THE TOPIC I BEGIN FOR THE ISSUES IM GETTING FROM THE NEW AUTODESK CIVIL 3D 2015. PLEASE SUPPORT AND RECTIFY IF POSSIBLE OTHER WISE LET IT COULD BE A DISCUSSION WHICH WILL TAKE INTO BROAD COMMUNITY AS WELL AS AUTODESK TO TAKE CONCERN AND PROVIDE SOLUTIONS FOR THE ISSUES. 

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
BANI_INDICA
in reply to: BANI_INDICA

after i design my horizontal geometry and create user defined curve for my superelevation rerquirements , if i modify the alignment geometry civil 3d shut down or causing fatal error. is there any solutions ?

Message 3 of 13
rkmcswain

Although it's a good idea to share issues with the user community, you should also report these directly to Autodesk by submitting a support ticket through your subscription account.

If you get verification of any unresolved issues, I would like to add them to this list

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 13
wfberry

How about submitting a drawing with the user defined curve for someone to look at it.  You may not get much feedback until all the IDS Suites are out.  I haven't received mine yet even though I have downloaded it from my site.

Bill

Message 5 of 13
fcernst

I added a User Defined Curve with some exaggerated lane slope transitions for a straight portion of road that is ahead of a true curve in the road. It seems to be stable for me so far.

I changed geometry  by adding a PI, grip edited the start PI to a new position, then added a new User Defined Curve.... and it still seems stable (no crashing).

Capture.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 6 of 13
wfberry
in reply to: fcernst

Fred:

Your sig does not show 2015 version, I assumed you used that.

Bill

Message 7 of 13
fcernst
in reply to: wfberry

That's affirmative Bill.

Just updated my sig too.

Thanks

Fred

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 8 of 13
GTVic

I think I found one yesterday. If you install 2015 and a secondary user logs into the computer, they are not able to launch Civil 3D 2015 Metric. Likewise, if you want to reset your profile to default settings via the "Reset Settings to Default" shortcut you will be unable to launch Civil 3D until you uninstall and re-install.

1. Almost 1200 files are missing from %AppData%\Autodesk\C3D 2015 and %LocalAppData%\Autodesk\C3D 2015
  2. Another example is 32 of 34 files from %LocalAppData%\Autodesk\C3D 2015\enu\Template\Map Book Templates are incorrectly placed in %LocalAppData%\Autodesk\C3D 2015\enu\Template, the other 2 are missing.

A previously documented issue is that C:\program files\autodesk\autocad 2015\map\support\en-us is not in the support file search path which causes the MAPOPTIONS command to display in command line only.

Message 9 of 13
tmullins
in reply to: GTVic

Someone please tell me that after 5 releases (from 2010 onward) that they finally got around to fixing this annoying error in the CUI.

http://beingcivil.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/03/map-inquiry-commands-unknown-command.html

They still require editing in order to work from the ribbon in 2014, and I haven't tried 2015 yet - but why is it that I have a hunch they still aren't fixed?

I'm really not one just to pile on but come on Autodesk. Five release cycles for a fix that should take you a couple minutes to correct in the CUI you ship with Civil 3D.

Message 10 of 13
GTVic
in reply to: tmullins

As far as I can tell the instructions are saying that _MAPCGLIST is an invalid command in 2011.

In 2015 _MAPCGLIST is a valid command that redirects to CGLIST. So it should work without modification. However _MAPCGLIST is a valid command in 2013 as well so I'm assuming it should work in 2014.

Perhaps this was an issue beyond 2011 only when migrating customization files???

I verified that _MAPCGLIST is not valid in 2011.

Message 11 of 13
tmullins

MAPCGLIST isn't a valid command in any C3D version thus the issue with the broken CUI that ships.

Message 12 of 13
GTVic
in reply to: tmullins

I suspect this is likely due to an issue with the customization files. MAPCGLIST was added to ACAD.PGP starting in 2013.

acadpgp.png

Message 13 of 13
BANI_INDICA

IS THERE A WAY TO MAKE LOW POINT ELEVATION ALONG THE EXISTING GROUND PROFILE WHICH HAS NO CURVE .

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report