Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIVIL 3D 2014 L ined Ditch Corridor

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
CEMuhlbeier
593 Views, 3 Replies

CIVIL 3D 2014 L ined Ditch Corridor

I am trying to create a lined ditch using a corridor as shown in the typical section in the attached DITCH CAPTURE.PNG image. The end goal is to separate out the quantities for total excavation and soil cement in the ditch section. I have the alignment, profile, assembly and corridor w/ surface created without the soil cement but I need to quantify that as well. I tried using subassemblies for channel and ditch design but couldn't find one that has a link slope while maintaining the 0.5' of soil cement lining. Any assistance on how to approach this would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
doni49
in reply to: CEMuhlbeier

Something like this?

DitchAssembly.dwg

You'll need to change the point codes/link codes to match your setup.  But I think it's what you're after.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 4
CEMuhlbeier
in reply to: doni49

That is essentially what I am looking for. This is where I am now, as you can see the surface isn't developing correctly. I am assuming that this is because of the point codes? I'm fairly new to the corridor world and don't fully understand how the point/shape codes work. Once I have the surfaces will created correctly how do you recommend finding the volumes? I was thinking volume surfaces or using the compute materials after I created sample lines.

DITCHCapture2.PNG

Message 4 of 4
doni49
in reply to: CEMuhlbeier

It's doing that because ALL of the points in the assembly are being used to create the surface.  All the points have the same codes.  You want the top and bottom layers to use different codes and then when you create teh corridor surface, you'll tell it to only use the top code to create yoru surface.

Do a search for Corridor Codesets and you should find some helpful info.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report