Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHANGING LEADER ANCHOR POINT ON DRAGGED STRUCTURE LABELS...!?!?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Stuart_Telford
6220 Views, 4 Replies

CHANGING LEADER ANCHOR POINT ON DRAGGED STRUCTURE LABELS...!?!?

Hi Everyone,

How does one go about changing the anchor point of the leader (the arrow end) on structures in profile view.  Right now when I drag the structure labels the leader points to the middle of the structure and I'd rather it point to the top of the structure...any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Stu

<screen capture below>

Stuart Telford
Civil 3D 2014 SP1 | Win 7 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i5-2500 @ 3.30GHz, 8GB Ram | ATI Radeon HD 5450
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
gjrcmb
in reply to: Stuart_Telford

There does not seem to be a good fix for what you are describing based upon previous discussion,

MH Label, Dragged State location

Unless someone has come up with resolution since then.

Message 3 of 5

Ya that appears to be the case, I tried changing it under setting tab --> pipe network  --> edit feature settings --> default profile label placement --> top of structure but this did not effect dragged labels; it would just default back to the middle of the structure. 😞 Oh well maybe next time (2013)

Stuart Telford
Civil 3D 2014 SP1 | Win 7 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i5-2500 @ 3.30GHz, 8GB Ram | ATI Radeon HD 5450
Message 4 of 5
Grimes_MG

Has this been addressed yet? A label in dragged state should still point to the non-dragged state position and not automatically change to litterally follow the outline of the structure.

Autodesk needs to stop listening/promoting Software Engineers over Civil Engineers that actually work with the products and can provide accurate and GOOD direction on their products and how they should function. Enough is enough.

Win7 (x64), EVGA 790i, 8GB RAM, EVGA 8800GT, 250 GB iSSHDD, & RAID 0/1
Message 5 of 5
jordanjj

You can get your dragged state labels to tie to the top of a profile structure. You must first drag the label straight then pin the label then you can drag it side to side to create desired label location.

profile label.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report