Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CENTER X,Y COORDINATE IN 0,0 , JUST CAN`T FIND A SOLUTION

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
esantalena
9175 Views, 7 Replies

CENTER X,Y COORDINATE IN 0,0 , JUST CAN`T FIND A SOLUTION

IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY. EVEN TO DRAW A LINE SEEMS A NIGHTMARE. JUST BECAUSE THE 0,0 COORDINATE SEEMS TO BE KILOMETERS ALWAY. WHEN I PLACE THE BROWSER OVER THE X,Y AXIS IMAGE INTERSECTION IN THE LEFT DOWN CORNER A CRAZY NUMER APPEARS LIKE: 37727728.8383 , 63728829,9808. SO , WHEN I SPECIFIE THE FIRST POINT AS 0,0 THE LINE STARTS IN A VANISHING POINT SOME WHERE NEAR THE INFINITY. I TRIED ALL  AND I COULD NOR SOLVE THIS.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
sboon
in reply to: esantalena

What are you asking here?  I don't understand what your problem is.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 8
PatrickManson
in reply to: sboon

when you go to start your line, type 0,0 at the command prompt, and that will start your line at 0,0 and will be drawn to wherever your cursor currently is on your screen. The reason you are seeing those coordinates of large numbers is because someone has completed a survey or drawn whatever it is at those coordinates..

Hope that helps, Patrick

Message 4 of 8
thepworth
in reply to: PatrickManson

Looks like UTM (Universal Transverse Mercator) coordinates.  instead of starting at 0,0, pick a point on your screen and either use dynamic input or relative coordinates (i.e. @1,1) using the "at" sign to go to a point relative to your first pick point.

Message 5 of 8
esantalena
in reply to: sboon

When i enter autocad, i click to draw a line than I insert the first point 0,0 . Appears a line that is bounded to the 0,0 point somewhere down below, this line have kilometers, because when you star autocad as i noticed it stars in a random place in space, normally far from the 0,0 x,y space coordinate. It beggings in coordinate like 444848.848 , 24343263, 933 . Actually it was impossible for me to find a solution cause i work without a mouse. With the mouse you can zoom still find where line beggins. Than zoom in and in, its hard work. I dont know how to solve it, how to start autocad and find the 0,0 whithout zooming and zooming.
Message 6 of 8
sboon

Start the Zoom Command.

Enter C to use the Center option

Type 0,0 for your location to center the zoom.

Enter the screen height or magnification.

To always start AutoCAD at a particular location open your template drawing, zoom to the location you want and then save and close the template.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 7 of 8

Hi,

working without a pointing-device is hard (and hopefully not true, just a joke) 😉

To the problem with zooming: type into the command-line

_ZOOM<ENTER>

-100,-100<ENTER>

100,100<ENTER>

....and you are close to 0,0

If you want to have that zoom-area as default for your next projects you can save this drawing as new template and use this every time when you start a new drawing.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 8 of 8
thepworth

you can always create a user coordinate system (UCS) and define as a "3 point option"  if you draw 2 lines with ortho on in your lower left corner, then you can set a new 0,0 point and all of your drawing elements/commands will reference that point until you return to the world coordinate system.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report