AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

plazio
Message 1 of 4 (490 Views)

C3d 2013 Drawing Hangs on Opening - "Upgrading COGO points"

490 Views, 3 Replies
02-04-2013 08:59 AM

On opening a C3D 2013 drawing, C3D hangs for about 5 minutes.  At the bottom of the screen is the message: "Upgrading COGO points".  This drawing is only 974KB. 

The drawing is being opened from a network . I tried saving it on a local hard drive.  That had no effect. 

*Expert Elite*
jmayo
Message 2 of 4 (485 Views)

Re: C3d 2013 Drawing Hangs on Opening - "Upgrading COGO points"

02-04-2013 09:27 AM in reply to: plazio

Could the dwg file be looking for a point file that may have been erased, moved or renamed?

John Mayo, PE
IDSP 2014
Win 7 64, Xeon ES165@3.2Ghz,
64 GB RAM, Quadro K4000 (x2)
Valued Contributor
TCARCAMO78
Message 3 of 4 (473 Views)

02-04-2013 10:09 AM in reply to: plazio

Here is my check list to see whats going on.

1. run a RECOVER command or the RECOVERALL command on the drawing
  2. run -PURGE ( select Regapps) command on the drawing.
  3. if you are signed into your Autodesk 360 account but not using the cloud turn off the Enable Cloud stage
  4. Make sure your data shortcut is linked to the right project.
  5. Check xref links
  6. Turn off Hardware Acceleration option (3dconfig command)
  7. If you are not using the Survey Database features turn off in Toolspace and make sure its not linking to a project
  8. Open windows task manager and see if you have misc Autodesk application running such as AutoCAD Download Manager, Atutodesk InfoCenter, Aec32bitAppServer.exe, Content Services.
  9. Last try doing a repari on your C3D

Tony

CAD Manager

www.tonyscivil3dworld.blogspot.com

Tony Carcamo
CAD Manager
www.tonyscivil3dworld.blogspot.com
plazio
Message 4 of 4 (465 Views)

02-04-2013 10:37 AM in reply to: plazio

This happened at least a dozen times while I tried various solutions this morning.  This afternoon after lunch I opened the drawing again and it opened almost instantaneously.  I changed nothing from when I closed the drawing this morning to when I opened it this afternoon.

Thank you all for your help.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs