Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D2013 Service pack 1 win 8?

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
nikoue
1412 Views, 24 Replies

C3D2013 Service pack 1 win 8?

Service pack 1 Arrive.

In the support file there is nothing about compability with windows 8.

Let us know if someone try it with windows 8

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Hotfix 3.
Win 8 pro x64, OCZ RevoDrive 240GB
Intel i7 930, 12 GB Ram, Ati Firepro V7800

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
lsssurvey
in reply to: lvthunder

You may be right. I'm starting a fresh drawing inside 2013, instead of opening a drawing created in 2012, and so far no crashes. I've even inserted some Civil points and rotated them, with no crash yet. But it will be a huge problem if I can't open any of my older files without it crashing. Also, I turned off the Autocad 360 automatic syncing, which may have helped.

Tom

Tom
Message 22 of 25
Mark_Castle
in reply to: lsssurvey

I think there is something to this as well. The drawings I've had crashes with were created in prior versions (in my case 2010). Maybe there is something going on with the conversion of Civil 3D objects to the current version that Win 8 doesn't like. As far as bringing files created by older versions forward might it be possible to use plain AutoCAD entities to redefine the civil objects - polylines for alignments & parcels, 3D faces or lines for surfaces, ASCII text files for points, etc.?

Mark Castle
Win 10 64-Bit, Thinkpad P50
16 GB RAM; Core i7-6820HQ; Quadro M1000M
Message 23 of 25
lsssurvey
in reply to: Mark_Castle

I'm going to uninstall Civil3D 2013 and try running 2012. If that works, I'll be happy, just so long as I can use my new machine which has been sitting useless since October becasue of this problem.

Tom

Tom
Message 24 of 25
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: lsssurvey

Hi,

I think it's better to install Win7 and Civil3D instead of Civil3D2012 on Win8 .... it's then a proofed environment for professional working. If you think about the costs for back-grading to Win7 (there are options available from M$) compared to a system that would have helped you 3 months now ... 😉

And you will not have to test, and to be afraid of "when does it happen again" (a crash) and you also don't have to fight against/play with some Win8-"specials" before Win8 SP1 is out.

My 2c, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 25 of 25
lsssurvey
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I've been running Civil3D 2012 on my WIn 7 machine crash free for 2 years, so I know that combo works. I've always been an early adopter, so I really want to be running Win 8. I'm already suing it on a laptop and a tablet. Besides, SSD's have a limited life tied to the amount of re-writes and I'd just a soon not have to wipe off Win 8, install Win 7, then wipe that off and re-install Win 8 when (if) Civil3D 13 is fixed or Civil3D 14 comes out. If I have to stick with Win 7 to use Autocad, I'll just continue to use my current platform.

Tom

Tom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report