Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D2013 SP1 - Any one taken the plunge??

50 REPLIES 50
Message 1 of 51
neilyj666
1949 Views, 50 Replies

C3D2013 SP1 - Any one taken the plunge??

Anyone been brave enough to install yet?? Any problems/issues??

I'll probably install over the weekend as in the middle of a rush job and can't afford the time if anything goes wrong

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
50 REPLIES 50
Message 21 of 51
dasindog
in reply to: KW-EGA

Always a possibility, right? 2013 with SP1 has been quite solid for me while moderate corridor, cross section, and surface editing. There are so many factors its hard to know the cause.

-Dustin
Civil 3D 2013 64 bit SP1
Windows 7 Pro 64
Intel Xeon 2.93GHz
24GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 580
explodetheblock.wordpress.com
Message 22 of 51
dankoss
in reply to: dasindog

I installed a few days ago hoping it would stop the program from crashing so much. No luck there. It's still a flip of the coin whether it's going to lock up when I try to exit or print or simple things like that.

Tags (1)
Message 23 of 51
Cadguru42
in reply to: neilyj666

I installed it this morning.  The "bug" about images not reading the units correctly still hasn't been fixed.  I didn't really expect it to be fixed, but it's still the main reason only two of us in the office are using 2013 and really it's only myself.  The other annoying thing was the new command line never remembering it's size when C3D is restarted.  That wasn't fixed, either.  

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 24 of 51
hgohel
in reply to: dankoss

@KW-EGA

If you have a reproducible case in which you are running into the hang, could you please open a support case?  If you are crashing, please submit a CER with your email address & let me know so I can check it.

@dankoss

We have fixed a significant portion of crashes faced by customers reporting their crashes via CERs.  Could you tell me the email address you used when you submitted your crash reports?  I can examine your submission to see which issues you are running into.  Thanks.

@engrtech

@engrtech wrote:

...The "bug" about images not reading the units correctly still hasn't been fixed.  I didn't really expect it to be fixed,...

Do you have a support case logged against this issue?  Could you post the number here?

Thanks,

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 25 of 51
KW-EGA
in reply to: hgohel

Mr. Gohel,

No CER was generated nor have I reproduced the error in either drawing (I haven't really attempted to recreate it either). Both times Civil 3D 2013 SP1 'greyed out' and stopped responding. I tried to "End Task" in Windows 7 x64, but Windows stopped responding also. I restarted Windows manually.

One drawing had been created by a client with a different Autodesk software program and I was just trying to Manually set points. The second drawing was created in Civil 3D 2013 and contained alignments, profiles, data shortcuts, surfaces, and grading objects. I don't remember what commands I used prior to the hang up. 

I have been able to use Civil 3D 2013 relatively error free for months up until that point, so I thought would check to see if there were any know issues with the service pack.

Thank you,  

Message 26 of 51
K-Mart61

The Lat Long Label under Notes seems to still be broken. 

Message 27 of 51
hgohel
in reply to: KW-EGA

KW-EGA wrote:

...I have been able to use Civil 3D 2013 relatively error free for months up until that point, so I thought would check to see if there were any know issues with the service pack.

Thanks for the prompt reply.  We aren't aware of any issues like the one you report, so if you do find any specific problem and especially reproducible cases, it would be helpful if you could open a subscription support case.  Regards,

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 28 of 51
dankoss

The errors I sent in would be sent from dankoss@gmail.com. Lately I have not even had the option to send in an error report, the program just shuts down. I would say it happens at least 20% of the time I exit out of the program or close a drawing but leave the program open. I guess this is the best time for a program to lock up but still, very annoying. Especially when it changes some settings like the PICKFIRST or clears out the recent drawings from the File menu. I'll send in more CERs when I am able, I stopped for a while because it was happening so much.

Message 29 of 51
Cadguru42

@engrtech

@engrtech wrote:

...The "bug" about images not reading the units correctly still hasn't been fixed.  I didn't really expect it to be fixed,...

Do you have a support case logged against this issue?  Could you post the number here?

Thanks,

I started the SR back in April.  I even had Peter Funk assisting with this one.  Case # was 07153339.  I also have a post in the Maps group regarding this issue.  It only affects 2013 where Map tries to reproject images on the fly and ignores the units in the metadata.  

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 30 of 51
hgohel
in reply to: Cadguru42

@engrtech: Yes, you are correct.  Defect 1459553 is logged against this issue and also correct that this was not fixed in Civil 3D 2013 SP1.

@DanKoss: thanks for providing additional info - continuing discussion offline with you.

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 31 of 51
Cadguru42

Has anyone else run into a problem with grips after installing the service pack?  I haven't figured out what causes it, but ever since I installed the service pack something causes the grips to no longer work.  When I click on a grip it doesn't actually "grip".  It acts like it's going to let me move the vertex, but when I move the mouse the mouse loses it's "grip" on the vertex.  Hitting ESC doesn't actually deselect any objects after this starts.  The only way to fix it is to restart C3D.

I first noticed this with a polygonal viewport I was working on in a layout.  After restarting C3D, I was working in model space.  I selected a parcel label and tried to use the Drag Label grip and it does the same thing, so it's not just happening to viewports.  I also noticed that I can make a window around everything and the properties dialog says No selection, yet the grips for every object are shown.

I ran an audit and it shows no problems.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 32 of 51
bo.martin
in reply to: Cadguru42

1st thing to look at is

"pickfirst"set to 1?

Sometime a lisp routine not ending properly 

will set this to 0

Bo

Message 33 of 51
Cadguru42
in reply to: bo.martin

@bo.martin wrote:

1st thing to look at is

"pickfirst"set to 1?

Sometime a lisp routine not ending properly 

will set this to 0

Bo

I checked pickfirst and it's set to 1. Also, we do not use any custom LISPs, so I doubt it was a LISP.  This is very annoying.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 34 of 51
tony1978

I installed it when i got back from AU. It's working like a champ for me.

Tony

CAD Manager

www.tonyscivil3dworld.blogspot.com

Tony Carcamo

President/Owner

Civil CAD Learning Solutions

DFW BIM Infrastructure User Group

LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | DFWBIUG |User Group

Message 35 of 51

For the most part it seems to be working, couple of issues I've noticed:

• I'm also experiencing my PICKFIRST variable revert to 0 spontaneously. 
  • I can deal with that along with the common C3D problem of having SAVETIME reverting to 0 after publishing by using a lisp. 
  • More frustrating is not being able to PASTECLIP or "ctrl+v",  the command shows up on the commandline, but it ends there.  I'm not getting any prompts for insertion point or anything. It's not a layer, annotative, or coordinate system issue as I've tried in a blank drawing with simple lines and other objects.  I'm trying to avoid reinstalling unless need-be, but it appears to be a glitch.

Any fixes or can we get those added to the list to check into.  I haven't noticed any issues with Civil 3d outside of the basic CAD engine just yet.

Thanks!

Message 36 of 51
JonRusk

Since we've installed SP1, we've been getting a lot of "Unable to save to drawing" errors. Anyone else experiencing this?

Civil 3D 2013 - Windows 7 Pro 64 - Dell T3500 - Xeon 2.67 - 24gb - Quadro 600
Message 37 of 51
bo.martin
in reply to: JonRusk

I had that a few times before the service pack.

Don't remember how I fixed it.

So this isn't a very helpful reply.

Message 38 of 51
rkmcswain

SP1 did not fix the bug with the recent file list in the Application Menu either.

It still log jams up with .dst files.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 39 of 51
neilyj666
in reply to: rkmcswain

@rkmcswain wrote:

SP1 did not fix the bug with the recent file list in the Application Menu either.

...this one's been unfixed for years...

They also haven't fixed the Quick profile bug when specifying Points to define the QP

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 40 of 51
Jeff_M
in reply to: rkmcswain

@rkmcswain wrote:

They won't fix something they think is a feature.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report